Transfer rumours

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We’ve made 10 absolutely brilliant signings with the limited resources available. It might end up being 12 by the end of the night. Calm…calm…

Absolutely brilliant is a serious stretch for most of our signings… though I do admit the budget has been heavily restrictive. We needed more investment to have a change of survival.

Like I say, striker is the most important position we’ve needed a signing in for over a YEAR now. To fail to get one yet again is unforgivable. You can sign all the other players you want, we will NOT survive without a better number 9.

Just now, Jubbs said:

If we don't sign a striker, then we might as well wave goodbye to the Championship.

Do you really believe that. If we don't sign a striker we are as good as relegated? Any striker? What about if we sign some nobody from a team you've never heard of. It's a striker. It what we wanted. Will that keep us up? Or does it have to be a select group of strikers or we are definitely relegated?

6 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I said at the end of the season that i was surprised we didn't decide to take Gayle on permanently. Yeah he had an injury at the time but he found form for us and I genuinely think we missed out on a good option there. Had a class about him that we desperately need in this league.

Anyways,

Atleast we've got Collins 👌👌👌🙃

Can't take a gamble on someone unlikely to feature in even 20 games when limited to a 25 man squad.

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The only player I've seen who brings Warne up before he's asked was the lad from Wolves, although I would guess that some players are briefed on key points to hit prior to pressing record.

…it’s a historic club ✔️

…the training ground is class ✔️

…it’s a great group of lads✔️

…I know Curtis and NML✔️

…Pride Park is always noisy✔️

…the fans are great ✔️

…the manager is (smile at this point) a character ✔️

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely brilliant is a serious stretch for most of our signings… though I do admit the budget has been heavily restrictive. We needed more investment to have a change of survival.

Like I say, striker is the most important position we’ve needed a signing in for over a YEAR now. To fail to get one yet again is unforgivable. You can sign all the other players you want, we will NOT survive without a better number 9.

The fact someone has laughed at this...insane.

I would argue someone to create chances for a striker might be just as important as signing a striker. 

Yates had nothing to work on against Watford. You can have a 5mil striker but if there's no service no point. 

Watching dembele tonight that is something we need. 

Just hope we haven't got the Poundland version of him from wolves. 

1 minute ago, Vyrdasm said:

I would argue someone to create chances for a striker might be just as important as signing a striker. 

Yates had nothing to work on against Watford. You can have a 5mil striker but if there's no service no point. 

Watching dembele tonight that is something we need. 

Just hope we haven't got the Poundland version of him from wolves. 

Imo it is more important to have a physical presence up top so we actually have someone to cross to. Collins is forever stood behind a 6ft 5 defender, and Yates is a midget.