Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Dembele would be ideal. Can play out wide and in the 10 position. 

He can carry the ball as well.

I hope he’s as good as the hype. He strikes me as a bit of a Joswiak - skilful but easy to push over.

Can he hack it, week in, week out, against brutish defences?

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I hope he’s as good as the hype. He strikes me as a bit of a Joswiak - skilful but easy to push over.

Can he hack it, week in, week out, against brutish defences?

Think this would be a good signing from what I saw of him last year.

Whilst Championship would be a step up in quality, I wouldn't worry about physical side given way he performed against league one cloggers

Since the first link he’s been someone I really wanted. We have wingers who are more pace options, Dembele isn’t slow but has more guile to what he does. Really hope we can get him, perfect age too. 

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Really starting to lose patience with Dembele. I get wanting to get the best deal possible, but waiting all window for an extra couple of grand is pretty poor IMO.

Either sign or don’t.

I imagine he has offers from more than one club. None of those clubs will have an emotional tug for him. Why shouldn't he wait to get the best offer available to him?

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Really starting to lose patience with Dembele. I get wanting to get the best deal possible, but waiting all window for an extra couple of grand is pretty poor IMO.

Either sign or don’t.

This implies it’s all on him, he’s still contracted to Brest, we don’t know what their terms are or if a club has actually made a bid for him. It’s all speculation and rumour from Nixon and Witcoop at this point isn’t it? 
Plus the decision he makes has to be best for him, he’s not a Derby fan, he’s a footballer considering what to do next for his career and his lifestyle etc. That could be securing the best contract, playing in the highest league, staying in Europe…. We don’t have all the info. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

21 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This implies it’s all on him, he’s still contracted to Brest, we don’t know what their terms are or if a club has actually made a bid for him. It’s all speculation and rumour from Nixon and Witcoop at this point isn’t it? 
Plus the decision he makes has to be best for him, he’s not a Derby fan, he’s a footballer considering what to do next for his career and his lifestyle etc. That could be securing the best contract, playing in the highest league, staying in Europe…. We don’t have all the info. 

I’d suggest we are interested seeing as two journalists have linked us all summer. Nobodies once mentioned Brest being awkward either. Of course they could be but I doubt it. 

At this stage I don’t mind if he signs for somebody else. Just fed up with him lingering a carrot over everybodies head.

52 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Either sign or don’t.

You always get some cleverdick saying eg "I was headhunted by several companies and I didn't mess anyone about "... etc

But I doubt anyone has the choice between several employers in an industry where VERY easily you can be retiring at 35 never having to work again and adored by thousands... or just as easily be unemployed, with bad knees, very few transferable skills and nowt in the bank.

I don't blame anyone for taking their time tbh.

28 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I’d suggest we are interested seeing as two journalists have linked us all summer. Nobodies once mentioned Brest being awkward either. Of course they could be but I doubt it. 

At this stage I don’t mind if he signs for somebody else. Just fed up with him lingering a carrot over everybodies head.

I didn’t say Brest were being awkward, just that they are part of the conversation when it comes to the transfer of their player. I’m suggesting maybe counting to 10 and being objective rather than implying the player himself is playing games and messing people around. 

Both clubs, the player, their family, and their agents all have to align for a transfer to happen. Suggesting Dembele is somehow messing everyone around when we’re not fully informed on the situation strikes me as jumping to conclusions.

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You always get some cleverdick saying eg "I was headhunted by several companies and I didn't mess anyone about "... etc

But I doubt anyone has the choice between several employers in an industry where VERY easily you can be retiring at 35 never having to work again and adored by thousands... or just as easily be unemployed, with bad knees, very few transferable skills and nowt in the bank.

I don't blame anyone for taking their time tbh.

100%. Loyalty is a two way street and you know who won’t have any loyalty to a player who does his ACL in the final year of his contract? A football club. 

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

Worth noting Birmingham will likely offer more than us if they really do want him. They also have his brother, who has been linked with a move away. 

Why will they likely offer more than us? How are they in a position to so? 

I'm not really frustrated with Dembele, football is a short career that can get derailed at any moment for many reasons. Clubs are just as guilty as players for looking after number one, that's just how the business works.