Transfer rumours

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes.  That was over two weeks ago though.  Could be a changed target but if not, it's a concern.

Not necessarily a concern. Maybe Oxford were simply prepared to offer him higher wages than us - we all know money talks. Or, more likely IMO, they offered him a longer term than we were prepared to offer. According to the BBC, Oxford have signed him as a “long term contract”. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Decent signing for them - he has a decent playing record despite the myths about him being unfit 

64 league games in 4 years since he left us. NML has over 100 games in 2 seasons for us.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Decent signing for them - he has a decent playing record despite the myths about him being unfit 

Yep and he did try his best to give a peno away at Wembley to stop Florists going up. Think he played his best football when Cocu moved him to right-back.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Myths? He's always struggled with injuries since he was coming through the academy. Max was a player, I know a lot of people in the academy were massively excited about coming through as a kid, never mind teenager, but from what I'm led to believe he really started to struggle with fitness/injuries from about 15/16 years of age. 

I think he was around the first team in the 13/14 season yet didn't really breakthrough until after his loan move to Aberdeen 18/19 so 19/20 season for us. I believe a lot of that was due to the stunt in his progression due to the injuries and how his body stands up to the rigours of professional football. The 19/20 season is also the most minutes he has ever played in a league season (2281) which is roughly half of the overall minutes. 

A lot of the time he may just not have been chosen to play, but equally the more minutes he plays so does the inevitably of the risk of injuries.  I do like Max as a player, though. I think he's an underrated defender but probably an overrated attacking fullback. He's a solid signing depending on a) how much they're paying him, assuming he would've been on good money at Sheff Utd and b) how often they can get him on the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Myths? He's always struggled with injuries since he was coming through the academy. Max was a player, I know a lot of people in the academy were massively excited about coming through as a kid, never mind teenager, but from what I'm led to believe he really started to struggle with fitness/injuries from about 15/16 years of age. 

I think he was around the first team in the 13/14 season yet didn't really breakthrough until after his loan move to Aberdeen 18/19 so 19/20 season for us. I believe a lot of that was due to the stunt in his progression due to the injuries and how his body stands up to the rigours of professional football. The 19/20 season is also the most minutes he has ever played in a league season (2281) which is roughly half of the overall minutes. 

A lot of the time he may just not have been chosen to play, but equally the more minutes he plays so does the inevitably of the risk of injuries.  I do like Max as a player, though. I think he's an underrated defender but probably an overrated attacking fullback. He's a solid signing depending on a) how much they're paying him, assuming he would've been on good money at Sheff Utd and b) how often they can get him on the pitch. 

Sheff United fans on social media have been saying how poor his injury record has been with them.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Keeps getting contracts 🤷‍♂️anyway not our player anymore 🍺