Premier League | 2024/25

Day

18 hours ago, Srg said:

I believe I read somewhere there’s been a directive this season for these blocking fouls (pick plays, if you’re into Basketball) from set pieces. The apparent foul was one of those where Hughes was facing away from play and deemed to be doing nothing other than fouling a man to help a teammate become unmarked. Willing to bet that’s why the ref was so hot on it. 

Eze said after the game he got an apology from the ref , he said he blew his whistle too quickly, ffs

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Eze said after the game he got an apology from the ref , he said he blew his whistle too quickly, ffs

Yeah, he would have probably let it stood because it wasn't even a cross. All of what went on in the middle was completely irrelevant. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's only 2 games in so ofc very early, but Ipswich's performances reminded me a lot of Derby's (we all know which Derby I'm referring to). Concerning for them.

I've enjoyed what I've seen of new look Liverpool.

Everyone else seems much of the same, early doors. Everton have been impressively poor.

One upside of the US "soccer" coverage is that I have seen every PL game so far this season. 

Man Utd will take years to get over their recent negligence in the transfer market - Anthony, Slabhead, Casemeiro.

They did well to fob Sancho off onto Chelsea this summer. 

Nice to see that Zirkzee is getting labelled as the worst striker to play for Utd after 3 games. 

They are light years behind Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City even teams like Brighton or Villa. 

They've got a manager in charge who basically is only there as no one better was available or wanted the job this summer.

Feel sorry for Ineos as the club is a basket case and will take years for the ship to be turned around, which as we know with our club some fans just cannot accept. 

18 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Man Utd will take years to get over their recent negligence in the transfer market - Anthony, Slabhead, Casemeiro.

They did well to fob Sancho off onto Chelsea this summer. 

Nice to see that Zirkzee is getting labelled as the worst striker to play for Utd after 3 games. 

They are light years behind Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City even teams like Brighton or Villa. 

They've got a manager in charge who basically is only there as no one better was available or wanted the job this summer.

Feel sorry for Ineos as the club is a basket case and will take years for the ship to be turned around, which as we know with our club some fans just cannot accept. 

Trying Not To Laugh GIFPoor Man U

18 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who's right and who's wrong 😁

Ineos have come in and cleared the old guard out, Radcliffe aint no fool...but football is a different animal to big business, I'll give Ten Haag until Xmas to improve greatly IE top 4...otherwise bye bye 

Edited by Ram-Alf

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for the vast majority of their fans. I remember in the 60s and early 70s Man U were one of the best clubs in Europe, winning European Cups etc. Due to bad management they went down to the old second division in the mid 70s.

There then followed many seasons of not doing anything special. Even then there were many who said that Man U should be winning the league every year (think Liverpool pre Klopp). They just couldn't see that they weren't entitled to win the league just because they were Man U! Virtually everyone on here will remember the dominance of United under Alex Ferguson. Many may not know that he was one game (an FA Cup final) from getting the sack. One bit of bad luck or a bad refereeing decision could very easily have meant that all those years of success hadn't come their way. It seems that the new generation of United fans are like those of the late 70s up until the mid/late 80s. We're Manchester United and we have to win everything.

A few of us remember Derby's superiority of the early/mid 70s. Our fall was even more sudden than United's. There are possibly still fans of Wolverhampton who remember their dominance of the league. Fans of Huddersfield too. I hope that Man United sink like a stone. They are big enough to fight back eventually, but a bit of humility will do them good.

#iwon'tevenstartonRealMadridbecause theirfansreallyareobnoxious****s

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for the vast majority of their fans. I remember in the 60s and early 70s Man U were one of the best clubs in Europe, winning European Cups etc. Due to bad management they went down to the old second division in the mid 70s.

There then followed many seasons of not doing anything special. Even then there were many who said that Man U should be winning the league every year (think Liverpool pre Klopp). They just couldn't see that they weren't entitled to win the league just because they were Man U! Virtually everyone on here will remember the dominance of United under Alex Ferguson. Many may not know that he was one game (an FA Cup final) from getting the sack. One bit of bad luck or a bad refereeing decision could very easily have meant that all those years of success hadn't come their way. It seems that the new generation of United fans are like those of the late 70s up until the mid/late 80s. We're Manchester United and we have to win everything.

A few of us remember Derby's superiority of the early/mid 70s. Our fall was even more sudden than United's. There are possibly still fans of Wolverhampton who remember their dominance of the league. Fans of Huddersfield too. I hope that Man United sink like a stone. They are big enough to fight back eventually, but a bit of humility will do them good.

#iwon'tevenstartonRealMadridbecause theirfansreallyareobnoxious****s

Fergie wasn’t a FA cup final away from the sack. It was a cup tie away at Forest… quite possibly 3rd round, but I wouldn’t swear to that 🤷‍♂️

pretty sure it was a 0-1 win that kept him at the helm… and the rest became history!  

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Fergie wasn’t a FA cup final away from the sack. It was a cup tie away at Forest… quite possibly 3rd round, but I wouldn’t swear to that 🤷‍♂️

pretty sure it was a 0-1 win that kept him at the helm… and the rest became history!  

Trust Forest to ️ it up.