Josh Murphy

4 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

IIRC didn’t we try to arrange a loan for the Newcastle brother ?

We did in August 2024

'A successful loan' - Newcastle United set transfer deadline on Derby County target

Derby County transfer news: Stoke City, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday have also been linked with a move for former Norwich City winger Jacob Murphy

33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As my Norwich City supporting mate points out, we are pretty much Norwich B team over the years, if you make a list over the years there is loads.

Add in Paul Warne who is Norwich through and through.

This probably has some truth to it.

That would mean Bristol City are our B team

They were talking about him on Football Weekly. The Oxford supporting pundit was saying how he was looking like Oxford's worst ever signing midway until midway through this season, when he transformed and became great.

Cardif paid 11 million for him in 2018 but didn't seem to do anything for them.

Sounds like he is talented but things haven't worked out for him. Perhaps the sort of risky signing that could thrive in the right setup.

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They were talking about him on Football Weekly. The Oxford supporting pundit was saying how he was looking like Oxford's worst ever signing midway until midway through this season, when he transformed and became great.

Cardif paid 11 million for him in 2018 but didn't seem to do anything for them.

Sounds like he is talented but things haven't worked out for him. Perhaps the sort of risky signing that could thrive in the right setup.

No thanks , on back of his PO moment of glory,  it won't overcome his mediocre form for years. 

I’m heartened that we haven’t dived into transfers so far. A lot of the names linked are not very original or inspiring.

I am hoping for some left field thinking, definitely some youth and pace and a clear direction for the team.

43 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What are your plans for retirement Smoggy 😉

I have a new series to challenge Clarkson’s Farm.

Called Jacob’s Crackers, it will be set on the plantation.

Boris will be my Caleb, crashing his tractor and impregnating the serfs.

I’ll be seen twiddling my cane and pretending to engage with the commoners. It all sounds a hoot.

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I have a new series to challenge Clarkson’s Farm.

Called Jacob’s Crackers, it will be set on the plantation.

Boris will be my Caleb, crashing his tractor and impregnating the serfs.

I’ll be seen twiddling my cane and pretending to engage with the commoners. It all sounds a hoot.

That actually does sound better than most of the 💩 on tv today 🤣 Good luck 😉 

He’s been pretty open on mental health struggles. A lot of his recent career has been down to lack of confidence and also managers not playing to his strengths. Manning was the wrong manager for him, Buckingham plays to his strengths. Warne’s tactics would be perfect for him and I think he’d thrive here.

Hes still a serious player, the play off final proved that. Oxford need to do everything possible to keep him as i really think he’ll do well in the championship next season. I would be very happy if we signed him.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s been pretty open on mental health struggles. A lot of his recent career has been down to lack of confidence and also managers not playing to his strengths. Manning was the wrong manager for him, Buckingham plays to his strengths. Warne’s tactics would be perfect for him and I think he’d thrive here.

Hes still a serious player, the play off final proved that. Oxford need to do everything possible to keep him as i really think he’ll do well in the championship next season. I would be very happy if we signed him.

But if Warne wants to play with wing backs why would we want another winger when we have NML, CBT and Barkhuizen?