Josh Murphy - Signed for Portsmouth

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

2nd one we've made an offer to that's gone elsewhere if that's the case.  I think we can get better.  We probably won't however, as despite stripping out the midfield and getting a brucie bonus on cash for promotion we must be offering magic beans.  If we need to sell Cashin to actually bring in some players of the relevant level let's do it and tell Sibley and Collins to s*** or get off the pot to free up some more wages.  We need players not more fecking back room staff.  Especially those whose game is cricket. 

Funny, I've not seen any comment from the club that we have made an offer for anyone. All that's been on here is speculation.

Edited by BobdeBilder
Can't spell.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

3 year deal with the option of a 4th, based on half a season of playing well. They can have him!

This is the market that free agents have at this level, by all accounts Oxford were going to make him their highest earner (Brannagan is on £15k per week), so he’s going to be on a very decent wedge for a very long time due to a good three months he’s got an extremely good contract. Before February this year, he hadn’t scored in a year and a half of League One football which is absolutely staggering considering how bad the standard is. 

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Surley we must be one of the only championship clubs now who hasn't done any business/announced any signings.

Technically, we've signed Blackett-Taylor.

Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Luton, Millwall, Preston, Sheff Utd, Swansea, and West Brom still haven't signed anyone (10 in total). 6 other clubs have only signed 1 player, with 3 clubs signing 2.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Luton, Millwall, Preston, Sheff Utd, Swansea, and West Brom still haven't signed anyone (10 in total). 6 other clubs have only signed 1 player, with 3 clubs signing 2.

Bristol City-Max Bird?

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

True but most of them already have championship level squads and don't need 10+ players. I'm not panicking by the way, I would wager we have 2/3 already sorted and just not announced. Hoping for some are revealed Friday after the kit launch 🤞

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Luton, Millwall, Preston, Sheff Utd, Swansea, and West Brom still haven't signed anyone (10 in total). 6 other clubs have only signed 1 player, with 3 

Edited by valakari
Mistake

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

3 year contract tells you everything imo, we wouldn't be offering someone that's had a purple patch with no upsell value a 3 year contract, that is what got us into the mess previously.

Apparently we did offer a three year deal, whether that's a 2+1 or a straight 3, I'm not sure. 

3+1 is the deal on the table from Portsmouth, with the figures banded around £15-20k a week. It's a very healthy contract. He should take his agent out for a beer. If the season finished at the start of February, he'd probably be at Burton now rather than Portsmouth. It's amazing how quickly the narrative can shift on players. 

Think we sometimes miss the most likely  context around us ‘missing out’ on certain players.

Take Murphy & Vaulks for example; we may like both players and were prepared to add them to the squad on the right terms.  I’d be astounded (and disappointed) if we were prepared to offer either of them the 3 years they’ve got at their new clubs - Murphy mainly due to the small sample size of form previously mentioned, and Vaulks being 31 in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, BobdeBilder said:

Funny, I've not seen any comment from the club that we have made an offer for anyone. All that's been on here is speculation.

Everything I put on this thread is accurate.  This was the case a couple of weeks ago.  I've never seen any comment from Derby on players they've made offers on for years, not even a fee which is always undisclosed.  It all comes out through media as likely a week or so before if anything.  You'll be wholly disappointed if your waiting for the club to comment on offers before they've signed anyone. 

49 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Apparently we did offer a three year deal, whether that's a 2+1 or a straight 3, I'm not sure. 

3+1 is the deal on the table from Portsmouth, with the figures banded around £15-20k a week. It's a very healthy contract. He should take his agent out for a beer. If the season finished at the start of February, he'd probably be at Burton now rather than Portsmouth. It's amazing how quickly the narrative can shift on players. 

Pompey fans seem very happy about the signing as well. Not sure I would be.

One of those players where had we signed him it’s…what’s Warne doing, he’s s****, we need better, if that’s the level of player we’re getting we’re down.

Because he’s gone elsewhere, another player lost because Warne doesn’t have the pull for players to come here. Still not signed anyone, this club is screwed, League 1 again it is under this clown.

Meanwhile, been nothing concrete to suggest we were actively interested and put an offer in which was turned down.

I love the summer.