UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I seem to be in a minority of one with this....

But I didn't think it was a penalty at all! He was slightly ahead,  saw the defender coming so almost jumped sideways. stuck his leg out and and took the contact. Should have been given a yellow card for initiating the contact.

I too thought he was more interested in trying to get a pen than attempting to score. Serves them right.

14 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I swear the Argentinian referee thinks Scotland is part of England and the Falkland Islands should be the Malvinas 😁, And the Spanish VAR assistant doesn't want Gibraltar back 😉 

If all the Scots who wear an Argentinean shirt, when ever England play Argentina. Had worn it to last night's game, the referee may have given them a penalty.

14 hours ago, Archied said:

We were very good during qualifying, injuries impacted and we kind of ran out of steam comming into the tournament, you have to remember our first choice striker out injured is a championship level player ,

disapointing but had we got through we would have even more depleted with the loss of tierney and then mc Tominay suspended, all in all it’s disappointing but also that’s two recent finals we have now qualified for so Not all bad , your teams your team , worst ever prem points tally has never stopped me being derby through and through 🤷🏻‍♂️

Spain gone through the tournament unbeaten,only Portugal can match them.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

But I didn't think it was a penalty at all! He was slightly ahead,  saw the defender coming so almost jumped sideways. stuck his leg out and and took the contact. Should have been given a yellow card for initiating the contact.

Fully agree. 

Nobody predicted the cunning plan to shield the ball from the goal he was supposed to score in. 

If you saw a replay without any context I think it would be hard to tell which player was defending

11 hours ago, Chester40 said:

No there's at least another 5 of the same mind...so far,  @abertawe_ram @Grumpy Git @Alph the Ref and the VAR operator.

Football being one of the most subjective games can throw a plethora of forensic explanations as to why, When , How and who "dun it", I'm in the "it was a penalty" court 😉  

Edited by Ram-Alf

9 hours ago, Day said:

Lineker, Shearer and Richard’s the podcast trio have taken to iPlayer now defending themselves against calling it s*** 😂

An old man still making a fortune from being a presenter, A has been that still gets his mush on the TV and another that's there because he laughs a lot.

The 3 Stooges have some competition 👍

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And then you'd say it's a disgrace he hadn't used them.

Not seen all of the games, have every other team used every member of their squad?

Ironically I think Southgate would trust bringing Grealish on more than Gordon.

Not every team has stunk the joint out like us. Plus by all accounts it’s the same front 4 today allegedly. Clearly bringing in Gallagher will make the world of difference.

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Not every team has stunk the joint out like us. Plus by all accounts it’s the same front 4 today allegedly. Clearly bringing in Gallagher will make the world of difference.

Yep more likely to get sent off 👍

9 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Spain gone through the tournament unbeaten,only Portugal can match them.

Presumably you meant to say with a 100% record rather than unbeaten.

Regardless, it doesn’t really matter. It’s not how you start a tournament (assuming you get through the group stages) but rather how you finish it. I can’t be bothered to go back through previous tournaments but I suspect it’s not uncommon for a team to win the trophy even though they didn’t win all their group games.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Presumably you meant to say with a 100% record rather than unbeaten.

Regardless, it doesn’t really matter. It’s not how you start a tournament (assuming you get through the group stages) but rather how you finish it. I can’t be bothered to go back through previous tournaments but I suspect it’s not uncommon for a team to win the trophy even though they didn’t win all their group games.

Apparently since the Euros started, out of all the teams who've won their groups with maximum points, only two have gone on to win the tournament.

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Ok, so you don't like them. But what was wrong about what they said?

I've not a clue, I no longer watch them, Same with MOTD or Sky punditry...I watch from the start of the games and either fast forward when recorded or turn over and listen to some music when live until the 2nd half starts.

Some may think they serve a viewers purpose...I don't 😊

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

No there's at least another 5 of the same mind...so far,  @abertawe_ram @Grumpy Git @Alph the Ref and the VAR operator.

Football being one of the most subjective games can throw a plethora of forensic explanations as to why, When , How and who "dun it", I'm in the "it was a penalty" court 😉  

6. No pen for me. If he'd focused more on scoring than trying to jump into the defender Scotland would probably have won. 

18 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Gallagher coming in for Trent, no talk of Foden being dropped. Classic Southgate, Gallagher will drop a 6/10 we'll squeeze past Slovenia and then he'll think the problems are solved for the knockouts.

His treatment of Gordon, Wharton and Mainoo has been a disgrace. 

wtf GIF

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

You won’t be watching then