UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Luke Shaw is now crocked again and I find myself asking what the hell he's doing there in the first place. He hasn't kicked a ball in 4 months! I'm generally pretty supportive of Southgate but this seems a really poor selection to me, though I appreciate options are not exactly plentiful.

Was a shocking selection. We should have been looking at left backs for a while. Chillwell, Tyrick Mitchell or Leif Davis should have all been looked at. 

Something fundamentally poor about how this team is set up. We have no out ball to get us up in possession beyond half way line. When we get there, we are fine, we just don’t seem to have a clue how to get there though.

Comes back to Trent not being a carrier to take it forward and the Foden/Bellingham/Saka trio not working together stylistically. 

Painful Southgate not seeing it in the first game. It’s the exact same tonight. 

It's not like England are particularly sitting back. It's that they are so sloppy in possession that they don't give Denmark a single thing to fear. 

Killed their own momentum

We look a shadow of the side that outplayed France at the world cup.

Southgate can’t persist with square pegs in round holes.

People want Southgate to be brave. Trying to shoehorn the best players into a side isn’t being brave.

Being brave is having the balls to drop popular players to create a better team.