Attendance

14 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yep all public

23/24 - 27,278

22/23 - 27,259

21/22 - 23,010

There was less away fans in the second league one season so the amount of home fans actually increased a lot more than the 19 per match showed.

There will be a large increase in the amount of away fans this season so with the amount of season tickets sold attendances should be up this season despite one or two on here saying there could be a massive drop if we kept the manager.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yep all public

23/24 - 27,278

22/23 - 27,259

21/22 - 23,010

What a club!

And to think there were people on here claiming that our 22/23 attendances would dwindle in L1 and/or would dwindle in 23/24 if Warne remained in charge... 😂🤦‍♂️

Some people really don't know this club or these fans.

Edited by Carnero

I do think attendances could be hit next season by this new TV deal though. Although with increased notice periods then enables people to plan. Night games will mean my girls wont come with me, sure there’s plenty more in the same boat with kids. Could be affected by away support (due to times of kick offs) as well with other fanbases not as hardcore as us. 

Posted (edited)

Taken from an article in the local Peterbourgh Evening Telegraph.

It’s not cheap following your side away.

By the time petrol, match tickets, food et all are totted up it can cost a pretty penny.

And while some of these away followings may seem small, great credit must go out to all the fans who have dipped into their pockets this season to back their side.

But which clubs had the best away followings in the 2023/24 season. Here the footballgroundguide.com website bring us all the answers.

………………….well done to one and all. 👍🏁

https://footballgroundguide.com/news/which-league-one-team-has-the-biggest-away-following.html

IMG_1462.thumb.jpeg.88f83b5a3081c8cff33a4ec72689dd5b.jpeg

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Taken from an article in the local Peterbourgh Evening Telegraph.

It’s not cheap following your side away.

By the time petrol, match tickets, food et all are totted up it can cost a pretty penny.

And while some of these away followings may seem small, great credit must go out to all the fans who have dipped into their pockets this season to back their side.

But which clubs had the best away followings in the 2023/24 season. Here the footballgroundguide.com website bring us all the answers.

………………….well done to one and all. 👍🏁

https://footballgroundguide.com/news/which-league-one-team-has-the-biggest-away-following.html

IMG_1462.thumb.jpeg.88f83b5a3081c8cff33a4ec72689dd5b.jpeg

This is an article in a Peterborough newspaper quoting the Football Ground Guide that took statistics from the 72 on twitter from December 28th after 11 games.

Talk about lazy journalism, we took over 5,000 to Barnsley in February 🙄

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

This is an article in a Peterborough newspaper quoting the Football Ground Guide that took statistics from the 72 on twitter from December 28th after 11 games.

Could be average following away?

19 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Only 7 Championship games where an away club took more than the official 4495 supporters we took to Barnsley. The top 3 were all at Blackburn, the others at Preston.

Our final average wasn't far off that 2200+ half season figure. There were a lot of 1000 days to offset Barnsley

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I do think attendances could be hit next season by this new TV deal though. Although with increased notice periods then enables people to plan. Night games will mean my girls wont come with me, sure there’s plenty more in the same boat with kids. Could be affected by away support (due to times of kick offs) as well with other fanbases not as hardcore as us. 

And OAPs - my mum doesnt do night matches from Cambs

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only 7 Championship games where an away club took more than the official 4495 supporters we took to Barnsley. The top 3 were all at Blackburn, the others at Preston.

Our final average wasn't far off that 2200+ half season figure. There were a lot of 1000 days to offset Barnsley

Not sure what your point is.

The article combines comments from the end of the season regarding league positions with statistics from December regarding attendances.

The article states that our highest away following was 3,896, our allocation for Barnsley was 5,017 which we sold out.

58 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It also mentions our "Thrashing" of Carlisle, and something about Carlisle being so bad, they've been relegated from L1 to The National League.
It was at this point I decided to put down my spliff, and go and find a dog to shampoo, so I could calm TF down!  🙄

These 'average' figures also include their big day out at Pride Park, it would be interesting to compare their non PP average with their PP away support.

Posted (edited)

Think our final average away following was 2,100 but of course, there were many games where we were heavily restricted due to the small away ends.

From memory, we sold out our allocation at all away games except Bolton (rail strike) & Reading (midweek), and a few short at Blackpool (midweek) & Wigan (Boxing Day)

Edited by SamUltraRam

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It also mentions our "Thrashing" of Carlisle, and something about Carlisle being so bad, they've been relegated from L1 to The National League.
It was at this point I decided to put down my spliff, and go and find a dog to shampoo, so I could calm TF down!  🙄

Just reread the article, apparently Fleetwood and Cheltenham were relegated to the National league as well. 😳