Pre season

Very pedestrian-paced game. 

Not a lot of atmosphere, any tackle is a foul, seems like a training exercise again with no focal point up front or urgency in general. 

Midfield 3 have been lively,  Barks and NML busy.

Elder looks lightweight, Nelson and Niambe have been decent, Cashin been ok apart from getting caught for the goal.

Goal was odd, like a 5 aside goal. Vickers in no man's land caught by very soft shot between defender's legs that slowly trickles past him.

13 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Feel bad for Vickers but it genuinely looks like he’s never played football before.

I really don't think that comment is justified based on today's performance (so far). Apart from one occasion when he should probably have caught the ball but decided to punch it instead, I don't think he's done anything wrong. He was simply wrong footed for the goal.

Way slicker in midfield, more mobile. Still need to play first touch a bit more often and need some teeth up front. Cash got exposed and caught but not entirely his fault, we are giving that No 11 way too much room. He’s class. A little shrimp like that wining a shoulder to Shoulder with Nyambe ! 😮 Very tricky player. 
Kenzo and Oudo. Going to enjoy watching them get to know each other, very promising 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don't think that comment is justified based on today's performance (so far). Apart from one occasion when he should probably have caught the ball but decided to punch it instead, I don't think he's done anything wrong. He was simply wrong footed for the goal.

Wasn’t just talking about today, all pre season he’s been poor. He was wrong footed for the goal and probably to far off his line and hasn’t dealt well with crosses.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Very pedestrian-paced game. 

Not a lot of atmosphere, any tackle is a foul, seems like a training exercise again with no focal point up front or urgency in general. 

Midfield 3 have been lively,  Barks and NML busy.

Elder looks lightweight, Nelson and Niambe have been decent, Cashin been ok apart from getting caught for the goal.

Goal was odd, like a 5 aside goal. Vickers in no man's land caught by very soft shot between defender's legs that slowly trickles past him.

It’s the Spaniards pre season diving practice 👍

Big step forward for me, though I concede that's not a high bar based on two very half-arsed performances in the run up to this game. Cash still looks leggy to me and I think we're likely just giving Jackson minutes at 9 as a result of the Yates suspension. Much like Nate, he's a far more effective operator on the flanks and I agree with those saying we ideally need another striking option.

All in all, pretty happy with that and I'll take a little belief forward to the Blackburn game now, despite there remaining much work to do on and off the pitch.

If it were 2 weeks ago and we had two more friendly games left, I'd be really happy with what I've seen that half. 

The new players look good and there's more to arrive. Midfield was the most bare and we have recruited well.

Then remembering we have less than a week left, we look bit undercooked, and quite honestly we were totally toothless up front.

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wasn’t just talking about today, all pre season he’s been poor. He was wrong footed for the goal and probably to far off his line and hasn’t dealt well with crosses.

Fair enough then. I just feel compelled to jump to his defence a little as, whilst he's not had a great preseason (he's not alone) it's not been so bad as to suggest he looks like he's never played football before.

I'm still a little perplexed with the Brown situation. We need someone who is strong, mobile, quick, can hold the ball up and bring others in and knows where the back of the net is. Doesn't Brown have most! / all of those attributes? 

I trust in warne but I would have liked to see him get more minutes in pre season. 

5 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm still a little perplexed with the Brown situation. We need someone who is strong, mobile, quick, can hold the ball up and bring others in and knows where the back of the net is. Doesn't Brown have most! / all of those attributes? 

I trust in warne but I would have liked to see him get more minutes in pre season. 

Especially as we have little threat at centre forward