Recruitment Team

JHB

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

Pretty sure it was the main guy who chose to rejoin Hassenhuttl in the Bundesliga.

Not sure how much people know about youth development, but it doesn't happen in less than 12 months regardless. 

And it's not like they'd be picked for the first team without having gone on loan first to be kicked in the lower leagues? 

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And it's not like they'd be picked for the first team without having gone on loan first to be kicked in the lower leagues? 

No so. 

How many of these did we loan to lower league before popping them into the first team...

Hendrick, Hughes, Knight, Sibley, Bird, Cashin, Bogle, Lowe, Buchanan, Ebiouwe, Plange.

By my recollection just one.

At Championship level the ones who are good enough often go straight into the team at around 19. 

Usually it's the ones we don't think will make it that get loaned out.

12 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

No so. 

How many of these did we loan to lower league before popping them into the first team...

Hendrick, Hughes, Knight, Sibley, Bird, Cashin, Bogle, Lowe, Buchanan, Ebiouwe, Plange.

By my recollection just one.

At Championship level the ones who are good enough often go straight into the team at around 19. 

Usually it's the ones we don't think will make it that get loaned out.

That was then, this is now. I think that there have been comments from Warne along the lines of needing to go out on loan and play mens football?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

About bringing through Academy players, you tell me, ay.

That's not directly his job here though - that's why we have a large number of staff at the Academy. It's their job to develop the youngsters and, when they think they're ready for first team exposure, convince the manager that they're up to the job.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

That's not directly his job here though - that's why we have a large number of staff at the Academy. It's their job to develop the youngsters and, when they think they're ready for first team exposure, convince the manager that they're up to the job.

And as I said, didn't the manager say he sees going out on loan to play 'men's football' as the first step.

Just now, Foreveram said:

Are you a politician 😂

You should know as you avoided answering my question. "...bringing through Academy players, you tell me, ay."

Edited by RoyMac5