Butlins Dolls House.

Day

18 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The Compo face needs a bit of work. 

I should send it in to the local paper to save others making the same mistake I have.

The wife's brother comes every year.

The in laws come every year.

The wife has been multiple times.

You should go, it's great they said. Absolute codswallop.

From the minute you drive in you know it's going to be hell, long queues to be directed which way to drive through the concrete jungle, most places have check in desks in a nice reception area. Not Butlins. You check in like you're crossing a toll bridge and it's a dash for a parking space near your apartment.

I walk into the apartment and it feels like a game of one wrong step and you're through the ceiling, floorboards caving in all over covered by a laminate lino. It's ok, I won't walk around, find the bed and it's as comfy as an ironing board and not much longer. 

I tip toe to the bathroom and faced with that shower, a shower than is smaller than the one on my Dad's yacht. Unbelievable, I grab the bananas for scale, squeeze in, take all the pictures to upload to social media but wait.....absolutely no mobile signal. Ok, they say they have wifi, well they do, but it's 1 bar of 1mb which comes and goes every couple of minutes.

Properly pee'd off I'm here till Friday and still not feeling 100%, I stay in the apartment all night, excuse being not to infect the other guests, yet truth be told, reducing the population wouldn't be a bad thing, might get on the wifi then.

The wife takes the kids and in laws out to the entertainment, I stay in to hear nothing but feral kids running around outside for a good hour before their parents realised they were being anti social. 

I make my way to the kitchen to make a fish finger sandwich, just 2 as they are the chunky ones. 45 minutes in the oven here.

Eat those to be awoken at 6am by seagulls which I can only assume were killing each other.

I feel loads better this morning, but undecided if I should venture out with the rest of the cattle or hide away in the apartment.

I came up with a great analogy for Butlins this morning when the seagulls woke me up. Not sure it’s suitable for TripAdvisor though.

Hear me out though, Butlins is like ahem, in the number 2..

Him “It’s not that bad, honestly you should try it, loads of people do it”

Her “One day maybe, I have to be in the mood to try it”

The day rolls round and after 30 seconds

Her “Get out, get out, I don’t like it, get out!”

I won’t ever ask for it again now as it will just remind me of Butlins.

6 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

yacht GIF by Lil Dicky

This was the sentence where my sympathy started to wane

Yeah, it's not like that at all. It's this and no house, cheaper than an house, lives on it full time.

IMG_3248.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Alph said:

The red coats will cheer him up. Their relentlessly irritating positive attitude is infectious. 

How can you ever get bored of gangnam style?

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

This is a very funny thread, although brings back some bad memories of my own.

I took my kids to Butlins Minehead just after I broke up with the first Mrs I-Ram, so 20 years ago. I paid for a ‘Silver’ chalet, as Gold was too expensive. Jesus what a s******* it was. Mouldy shower, terrible dirty paintwork and carpet, and mattresses that when uncovered looked like they might have at some stage been used in an autopsy. It did make me wonder what you got for Bronze, presumably something akin to Alexei Navalny‘s final cell. I did get a discount after much discussion, and me sharing photos with them as to what I was going to send to the press, but we left on day 4 of 7 anyway. After 4 days of a nauseating and annoying young Stephen Mulhern, my ex-wife didn’t seem quite as bad after all.