Playoffs,come on Oxford

ziggazagga

45 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Is it just me that thinks it’s tinpot to invade the pitch for winning a PO semi-final?

All depends on the club circumstances. No one will ever take away that Southampton game from me. Whereas I don’t even remember the one against Brighton. 

Leaving the Barnsley ground a few weeks ago, surrounded by their fans giving it large, it seemed like they were the team more likely to go up, how quickly do things change in football?

8 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Feck Barnsley and their overzealous coppers.

I wanted Barnsley to win mainly because my wife is from Barnsley, she still has family there, and it’s a good day out for me. But also because I have never encountered any problems with the South Yorkshire police (maybe because I drive there rather than take the train).

Cracking game last night at Bolton. Barnsley could easily have tied the leg very late on. I suspect there are many Bolton fans with sore heads and no finger nails left this morning.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I wanted Barnsley to win mainly because my wife is from Barnsley, she still has family there, and it’s a good day out for me. But also because I have never encountered any problems with the South Yorkshire police (maybe because I drive there rather than take the train).

Cracking game last night at Bolton. Barnsley could easily have tied the leg very late on. I suspect there are many Bolton fans with sore heads and no finger nails left this morning.

Same here (apart from my wife being from Barnsley). Never bothered with the Town Centre but always visited the Dove on Donny Road. Local supporters all perfectly ok. Last time I was there, a squad of cops came in to ensure Derby fans were behaving themselves, which they were, and the landlord  chased them saying, if I need you, I'll call you, but I don't, so get outta my pub! Remember going to Bolton and being moved on from every bar round the ground as not welcoming away supporters.

8 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

“We pushed Derby and Portsmouth all the way”. 

Until they surrendered and decided to phone it in for the last few games. 

Tried to be clever and now they have at least another season in League One. Exactly what they deserve, I'm sure Cambridge and Burton fans won't be shedding many tears.

Bolton pushed us all the way, nobody else really

Nobody pushed Portsmouth, us included. They went top in September and never budged an inch. Nobody laid a glove on them, let alone Peterborough of all teams

People made fun of our runners up trophy but I promise you Darren old chum, they don't give out trophies for giving it a jolly good try

Have a nice season next year. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke and club. Really weird bunch over there