South stand!!

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I don’t like the rails which gave been put in/imposed - space is much more cramped, and they are actually at waist height so should be moving forwards into them you simply spin forwards and drop down head-first into the next row down!

It makes going down for a pint or a pee much more hassle, and we have to fight our way past those season-ticket checkers lying in wait at every opportunity!

But apart from that ……….

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Waist height? Are you a giraffe? 

safely midriff 😂

I'd be very surprised if the handrail height isn't at least similar to scaffold handrail regulations... minimum of 950mm from the deck.  I challenge anyone to take a tape measure, and report back! 😁

For reference... as I'm currently DIYing, and have my tool in my hand... I've just checked my waist height... 980mm, in my crocs!  😁

Edited by Mucker1884

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I still disagree with them checking tickets at the bottom of the stairs. Just leave the check for when the stairs split between upper and lower sections.

Me too, although I have twice managed to "pass the test" and get to my seat using my bus pass! 

18 hours ago, De22Ram said:

Every time i watch the highlights i always think its a shame the south stand isnt widened to the whole of the stand and up until the south east corner, then have the away fans along the side of the east stand!

Up the rams 🐏🐏

Is there any way that it could work if the last bit of the South stand was mixed seating - open to both Derby and away supporters?

39 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Is there any way that it could work if the last bit of the South stand was mixed seating - open to both Derby and away supporters?

What percentage of this mixed seating would to be occupied by police and stewards.

But it would certainly make for an interesting atmosphere.

I don't know why they do not reduce the away section to say two an a half thousand, its not as if it gets filled very often therefore allowing more of the south stand to Derby fans. Also the disabled section in the bottom left could be moved to the lower section of the Gordon Guthrie stand if developed into one as again that area is not used much. If rail seating is introduced then this could further add a couple of thousand more.

31 minutes ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

I don't know why they do not reduce the away section to say two an a half thousand, its not as if it gets filled very often therefore allowing more of the south stand to Derby fans. Also the disabled section in the bottom left could be moved to the lower section of the Gordon Guthrie stand if developed into one as again that area is not used much. If rail seating is introduced then this could further add a couple of thousand more.

Carlisle have been given an initial allocation of 1,778 with a further 800 if required, taking it up to 2,578.

Bolton had an allocation of 3,154 fans which still leaves 576 seats.

Is it possible these seats could be given to home fans 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reduce segregation safely, nibble at the away seating areas, create a waiting list for South Stand season tickets - could all help to solve the issue. Not sure about moving the disabled section unless those using it agreed and it was practical to create one somewhere else.

Bear in mind that any reduction of away seating towards the South Stand means more East Stand ST holders having to move for cup games etc, which would not be popular.

Agreed on not moving the disabled section in the south stand. If moved, it's essentially saying the disabled supporters are less important than the abled bodied supporters. Disabled gets shoved away into the corner. Going to PPS on a matchday, being part of the south stand community and atmosphere might be one of the few things in their lives that's "normal" so to say. It's like saying, let's forcibly move a few rows from behind the goal, just so, and replace those supporters with other supporters. It's the same principle. 

13 hours ago, Srg said:

No, we're not Fulham.

13 hours ago, 1of4 said:

What percentage of this mixed seating would to be occupied by police and stewards.

But it would certainly make for an interesting atmosphere.

It might help us to fill-up the South Stand with more Derby fans!

I liked the mixed stand at Fulham - if I left it too late to get in the away stand. I joined in with Derby songs, and Fulham sitting next to me sang there's. It works as natural segregation. A bit of friendly banter. No real need for police or stewards.

I can't remember how the drinking worked at Fulham. I think that the mixed stand could drink with the Derby fans, which must have meant Fulham fans drinking with Derby.

Edited by Ken Tram

29 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Why don’t we go full Ryanair and have pitch side seats at €5 a piece. You bring your own fishing chair and have to perform a dual role as a ball boy. 

Priority entrance (more than 10mins before kick off):  £3.50
Pi55:  £1
Pie & Pint meal deal:  £22.50
Added time:  £2 per minute or part thereof... each half
Aisle seat:  £7.50
Baggage security check by steward (Mandatory):  £12.00 per bag
Ticket check by steward (Mandatory):  £15.00 per ticket