South stand!!

Every time i watch the highlights i always think its a shame the south stand isnt widened to the whole of the stand and up until the south east corner, then have the away fans along the side of the east stand!

Theres high demand for tickets in it as it always sells out, its great for the atmosphere! With all the flags the last few games it would look even better having the entire stand as home supporters!

I get that season ticket holders in the east stand and there higher ticket prices over there but still, reckon it would increase the atmosphere!

Up the rams 🐏🐏

18 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Every time i watch the highlights i always think its a shame the south stand isnt widened to the whole of the stand and up until the south east corner, then have the away fans along the side of the east stand!

Theres high demand for tickets in it as it always sells out, its great for the atmosphere! With all the flags the last few games it would look even better having the entire stand as home supporters!

I get that season ticket holders in the east stand and there higher ticket prices over there but still, reckon it would increase the atmosphere!

Up the rams 🐏🐏

So you want to move season ticket holders that have been there since Pride Park opened.

If it’s so popular and in high demand they could increase the price inline with the East stand.

37 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Up the rams 🐏🐏

Leave the East Stand alone, thank you.

Why would moving the away fans make for a better atmosphere?

The Rams fans in the East Stand on the other side of the away fans do our bit in creating the atmosphere.

And after sitting in the same seat since the Queen opened PPS. I don't want to be forced to move to the South Stand or god forbid the West Stand. It's bad enough having to do it for certain cup games.

31 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Leave the East Stand alone, thank you.

Why would moving the away fans make for a better atmosphere?

The Rams fans in the East Stand on the other side of the away fans do our bit in creating the atmosphere.

And after sitting in the same seat since the Queen opened PPS. I don't want to be forced to move to the South Stand or god forbid the West Stand. It's bad enough having to do it for certain cup games.

What if they moved your actual seat and swopped it with one in the south stand? 🤪

6 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

What if they moved your actual seat and swopped it with one in the south stand? 🤪

That would never happen, You can't "swop" a seat but if you ask nicely DCFC might swap a seat 😁

57 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So you want to move season ticket holders that have been there since Pride Park opened.

If it’s so popular and in high demand they could increase the price inline with the East stand.

Its popular and in high demand because its cheaper and people can stand if they like, if anything they should be lowering the east stand prices inline with the south stand! 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Its popular and in high demand because its cheaper and people can stand if they like, if anything they should be lowering the east stand prices inline with the south stand! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely, in general with most grounds, the seats along the side are often more expensive because they afford a better view of the whole pitch than either behind the goal or in the corners? Therefore why would you (or why should you) reduce the prices?

I agree with previous posters that having the away fans sandwiched between the South Stand and those towards the southern end of the East Stand is actually better for the atmosphere as it probably increases the banter between rival supporters and, to an extent, allow the east stand singers and south standers to feed off each other.

As for “looking better” isn’t that just for the cameras? Do we care that much what it looks like on TV?

It’s an interesting idea but I’d leave well alone not least because of the logistical challenges it might create.

The west stand upper next to the south stand have been doing there bit too! 

I guess it would have been best to have done all this when pride park was opened! Having the south stand as a full stand with vocal standing (obviously not allowed at the time) and a vocal support next to the away fans further along the east stand! 

Up the Rams 🐏🐏🐏

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has everyone got used to the safe standing now? I remember some grumpiness when it started.

I like it! My only gripe is you cant walk across the seats anymore to get out after the game! I sit on the back row!

2 hours ago, De22Ram said:

Im in the north east corner and when pp opened they were the cheapest seats in the stadium. Dont know why that changed really.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has everyone got used to the safe standing now? I remember some grumpiness when it started.

I don’t like the rails which gave been put in/imposed - space is much more cramped, and they are actually at waist height so should be moving forwards into them you simply spin forwards and drop down head-first into the next row down!

It makes going down for a pint or a pee much more hassle, and we have to fight our way past those season-ticket checkers lying in wait at every opportunity!

But apart from that ……….

If they shunted the away fans further into the East Stand, they wouldn't be able to see me giving it large from my safely distanced seat in the NE Corner, and those around me wouldn't realise just how tough and intimidating I am.

It's a no from me, and if anyone's got anything to say about that, come outside, and say it to my face.  Capeesh? 

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We had to move when the away fans moved from SS to SE corner… 

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I don’t like the rails which gave been put in/imposed - space is much more cramped, and they are actually at waist height so should be moving forwards into them you simply spin forwards and drop down head-first into the next row down!

It makes going down for a pint or a pee much more hassle, and we have to fight our way past those season-ticket checkers lying in wait at every opportunity!

But apart from that ……….

Waist height? Are you a giraffe? 

safely midriff 😂