Dajaune Brown...

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

With the form he's shown since being given a starting slot, I'd imagine it was a shortlist of one! Not often a kid who only recently turned 18 comes in and dominates teams the way he has. Hopefully he doubles down, works even harder, continues to listen to his coaches and in doing so maintains his current arc. He's a seriously exciting prospect for one so young and will surely be in and around the senior squad next season.

6 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Rather have him in the squad than Washington tbh.

I know he's still developing but think he'd be a better option 

I've wavered on this as before we heard Collo had miraculously returned to training, I'd have said the same. The ideal world scenario though is that we get over the line by hook or crook without him and Dajaune shows the benefit of being left to continue to develop his game when he returns next season.

23 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Rather have him in the squad than Washington tbh.

I know he's still developing but think he'd be a better option 

Have you seen the standard of the National League this season? Chesterfield and Barnet apart, its abysmal! I'm not decrying what Brown has done at Gateshead but to suggest he's ready for League One, even for an occasional start or even a place in the squad is far too early in his development.

Edited by Wolfie20

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Have you seen the standard of the National League this season? Chesterfield and Barnet apart, its abysmal! I'm not decrying what Brown has done at Gateshead but to suggest he's ready for League One, even for an occasional start or even a place in the squad is far too early in his development.

Have you seen some of the striking options we've trotted out?

Not saying I'd start with him, but I wouldn't start with Washington either....

I made comments back when we resigned TJJ that I think Brown should have been given more opportunities in the 1st half of the season and I'd rather have then had him as that option, I do agree that he needed more mens football to find his feet and using the loan system seems to be working for him, but, all that said, I think he would offer more than what we are seeing from Washington.

He is at least as quick, has more physical presence,  more stamina and the 2 goals he set up in the semi final shows he has an awareness to pick a good option when he cant score himself.

Really looking forwards to him being in the squad hopefully next season, but recognise he may end up on loan until Jan to a league 1 or good league 2 team with us being in the Championship 😉

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Have you seen some of the striking options we've trotted out?

Yes and I still think he isn't yet ready for League One. Striking combinations are down to the manager - doesn't make Brown a more valid choice. I wouldn't have chosen Washington to start against Wycombe either - we needed another midfielder capable of supporting the attacking 3.

8 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Not saying I'd start with him, but I wouldn't start with Washington either....

I made comments back when we resigned TJJ that I think Brown should have been given more opportunities in the 1st half of the season and I'd rather have then had him as that option, I do agree that he needed more mens football to find his feet and using the loan system seems to be working for him, but, all that said, I think he would offer more than what we are seeing from Washington.

He is at least as quick, has more physical presence,  more stamina and the 2 goals he set up in the semi final shows he has an awareness to pick a good option when he cant score himself.

Really looking forwards to him being in the squad hopefully next season, but recognise he may end up on loan until Jan to a league 1 or good league 2 team with us being in the Championship 😉

Certainly agree with your last paragraph.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

That big fcker that was playing up front for Wycombe was playing non league until January… he turned our defence inside out on a number of occasions. Just couldnt hit a barn door with his nob in the lock. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

That big fcker that was playing up front for Wycombe was playing non league until January… he turned our defence inside out on a number of occasions. Just couldnt hit a barn door with his nob in the lock. 

I thought Kone was decent as well, just read his wikipedia though and came across this very strange section... Can't work out what this means 🤔

image.thumb.png.3e2a20828dbbf76e0c150ac124566913.png

We'll find out next season just how ready Brown is. What's clear is that he can cope with the physical demands of men's football now he's had a sustained run of games, and his ability stands out at the (relatively low) level he's playing at even at a young age. But that doesn't mean he's ready to play 3 or 4 levels higher in the football pyramid week in week out, time will tell on that one. He certainly couldn't have done any more to advance his career in his loan spell though - well done Dajaune!

4 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I've wavered on this as before we heard Collo had miraculously returned to training, I'd have said the same. The ideal world scenario though is that we get over the line by hook or crook without him and Dajaune shows the benefit of being left to continue to develop his game when he returns next season.

Or we fail miserably and he comes in next season in L1 and lights it up!

17 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I thought Kone was decent as well, just read his wikipedia though and came across this very strange section... Can't work out what this means 🤔

image.thumb.png.3e2a20828dbbf76e0c150ac124566913.png

I suspect he’s probably gay but has forced himself back into the closet for the good of his career and or personal relationships which is a crying shame for the lad.