Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m not watching. The xG says 

Wycombe 0.21 - 1.39 Derby

Shots actually has Wycombe ahead by 6-5.

Did we miss a sitter or two?

Open net from within 6 yard box + NML hit over from a 1v1 in a chance he was snapping up earlier on this season

Edited by IlsonDerby

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

He might be playing with painkillers etc. which sort of lets him off the hook. 

But if he isn’t hampered at all then that finish is tragic.

Who said hes on painkillers? Also theres no reason why hes been out of form for so long as theres no medical team would allow him to play so many minutes if he was in pain

4 minutes ago, Subman said:

Really do wish Radio Derby stop being so negative and blaming the referee. You would have thought we were 2nd bottom of the league. 

Can't listen to them turned off after 15 minutes they truly dreadful.

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Who said hes on painkillers? Also theres no reason why hes been out of form for so long as theres no medical team would allow him to play so many minutes if he was in pain

Not on them. He's got a bottle inside one of his boots. Tough playing like that tbf. 

Watching on RamsTv but for me Washington looks our most dangerous player with his pace getting in behind, NML still not himself and missed a guilt edged chance, Blacket Taylor FFS what were u doing, miss of the season! He doesn’t like chasing back or tackling either. Not seen anything of Collo yet. Still can win this game tho, come on Derbyyyyyy 💪

They have played better but we have created the far better chances. We get beaten in the central midfield but look good when we get the chance to counter attack. Think Wash and NML must play a bit better to be honest since they are the reason we only use 2 CM's. Also we have some problem with getting out with the ball from the defenders since they press high up the field and commit with many players. A few good longer passes would give us even more clear cut chances. COYR!

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

We need to play a little through the middle. Wycombe defending the wings easily at the moment and we look predictable. We’re also wasting our won time from goal kicks. Take time to pass it out. Pass it out for it to come back after a few passes and then long anyway🤷🏽‍♂️

When have we passed through the middle !? It’s almost as if PW bans them from doing it…it’s ok playing it out wide when our star wingers are on form, but when they aren’t we have to find another way…

Just returned home from the honeymoon and this is not the homecoming I was hoping for!

We are playing into Wycombe’s hands and they will punish us if we aren’t careful. They are getting some joy through the middle and in transitions.

However it’s not all doom and gloom. We have looked nervous and erratic, yes, but we have created two really good chances worthy of winning any game, only for NML and CBT to somehow waste them.

A lot of poor touches and unfavourable bounces - is it the pitch I wonder? Perhaps it’s just the two teams lacking composure, but it’s not been much of a spectacle so far!

Let’s hope it improves!

Edited by Jourdan

13 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

She's just booked a windscreen replacement with auto windscreens, so I started showing her old Derby kits 

It went down as well as you'd expect. Couple of eye rolls and a 'oh, right... coool' 

At least she didn't go to Autoglass, don't want Gav injecting his special resin as per the advert.

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The Gatling's jammed and the Colonel dead,
And the regiment blind with dust and smoke.
The river of death has brimmed his banks,
And England's far, and Honour a name,
But the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks:
'Play up! play up! and play the game!'

Always wondered what the words to the collymore song were. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not on them. He's got a bottle inside one of his boots. Tough playing like that tbf. 

I didnt know that to be fair, but why risk him? Give weston ago some they dont know i know its a gamble but its better then risking him