Reading Owner Sells Training Ground to Wycombe Wanderers

JfR

So the Wycombe money for this is being pumped in by a Georgian billionaire with links to sanctioned Russians. 

Wycombe are simply disgusting. Extorted us during admin when we had no means to defend ourselves and now this? Utterly revolting. If they ever find themselves in trouble I'll have no sympathy for them.

Pinched from a reliable source.

The purchase is expected to be funded in part or whole by Mikheil Lomtadze, a former private equity investor from Georgia who generated revenues of $2.9 billion in 2022 and was confirmed by chairman Rob Couhig last month to be entering into a new partnership with the club.

Bloombergs Billionaire Index #492  $5.82B

The majority of Lomtadze's fortune is derived from his stake in publicly traded Kaspi.kz. He owns 23% of the company, according to a January 2024 SEC filing. Kaspi is the biggest online payments, sales and fintech group in Kazakhstan, according to the website.

Lomtadze has collected more than $500 million in dividends and from selling shares, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Cash holdings are based on these proceeds as well as an analysis of insider transactions, taxes and market performance.

David Ferguson, Kaspi.kz head of investor relations, declined to comment on Lomtadze's net worth.

“partnership”………….yeh right.

OPENING GAMBIT 

If true, and it’s a huge if, on completely non emotional business terms it would be a no brainier. A premier league level training facility for buttons.

In the real world with emotion and passion etc, the optics of this move would be awful. Especially after the whole derby ambulance chasing accusations.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8749/reading-offer-bearwood-training-ground-to-wycombe

49 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Short memory ?

IMG_0222.png

Wycombe fans are remarkably tolerant towards Reading, considering that Reading were charged with breaching FFP for the period covering 3 seasons (including the one in which Wycombe got relegated) but didn't get a points deduction until the following season, just like us. It was surprising that Coupiggy didn't sue them too, except of course they weren't in Administration and facing extinction at the time.

Good to see that Reading fans are heading down to Adams Park to protest tomorrow evening. Maybe they'll nick the owners horse.

I was going to say when we go to Wycombe could fans perhaps get a couple of banners and coordinate with reading to show some solidarity? This is Wycombe once again acting as potential club killers.... 

The football family never came to our aid when we had to sell our training ground. The football family never said 'ohh don't take the short term cash for Matt Phillips he's gonna be sold for a s*** load in a couple of weeks' we were f'd then and football knew it. The football family is b*******. We have lost and gained players down the years due to the rising and falling of various club fortunes. The Reading fans getting on their high horses about this deal is as daft as Derby. This overspending has been going on for YEARS, YEARS AND YEARS. They were not sustainable when Madeski was bankrolling it and they are not now. They rolled the dice time and time again to get to the promised land and they lost. They are not entitled to anything different to me, you or any company that does not pay it's bills.

Funny they should mention him.  That when they sold him and retained the agent fee to sign a striker who kept them up.  Cheating Feckers

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

image.thumb.png.5690eb3a1cdb4ab0b414290e490c1922.png

Don't think it's the comeback he thinks it is to say that even his friends and family will be celebrating when he's gone.

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I was going to say when we go to Wycombe could fans perhaps get a couple of banners and coordinate with reading to show some solidarity? This is Wycombe once again acting as potential club killers.... 

I'd happily give the Couhigs some verbal, but when it comes to Reading fans, it's hard to forgive stuff like this (and it's just one example I kept) :

Screenshot_20240314-174708-01.thumb.jpeg.e942d79479154133f15a76c61537b03d.jpeg

Edited by Crewton

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I remember how supportive they were.  Particularly when we lost Shinnie for 30k and a 40 yr old on 5k a week whilst they changed their management team and brought in 5 loans under embargo.

1586453096236?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=4vc_

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'd happily give the Couhigs some verbal, but when it comes to Reading fans, it's hard to forgive stuff like this (and it's just one example I kept) :

Screenshot_20240314-174708-01.thumb.jpeg.e942d79479154133f15a76c61537b03d.jpeg

Maybe it's just me but I think we should all unite against the club killer that is Couhig tbh.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I remember how supportive they were.  Particularly when we lost Shinnie for 30k and a 40 yr old on 5k a week whilst they changed their management team and brought in 5 loans under embargo.

1586453096236?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=4vc_

Don't get me wrong I'm not disputing those things. But I think given we know how it feels we all should unite against the club killer that is Couhig. 

I think football would have a much healthier future if we put aside history and rivalry and supported any club in a desperate plight. 

Yeah there were Reading fans that took the piss, but there would have been plenty that were supportive. And I’d rather support them with their struggles, which are looking just as bad as ours were, so we don’t lose another football club.

There are far too many rich elites running and ruining the game for us peasants to be fighting amongst ourselves. 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So the Wycombe money for this is being pumped in by a Georgian billionaire with links to sanctioned Russians. 

Wycombe are simply disgusting. Extorted us during admin when we had no means to defend ourselves and now this? Utterly revolting. If they ever find themselves in trouble I'll have no sympathy for them.

I wouldn't have any sympathy with their owner but I would feel for their fans. They have little control over that, just like us.