v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

7 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm carrying water for Warne. I have lots of reservations about him and his management. But you can't lay everything at his door and this is one of those games.

You are in an ever growing minority.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

It’s a forum for opinions dimwit 

Piss off. His opinion was trash. He would rather give Warne another year and stay back in league one then get promoted this year? Did you actually read his post?

it was absurd

Horrific performance from start to finish. Look incapable of a five yard pass. No idea how to create a chance from open play. Wildsmith has lost his mind. Bradley is a joke of a player. Even NML completely missing. Whatever the question is, Waghorn is never the answer. Deserved absolutely nothing from that game. Charlton were fitter, stronger, more athletic, sharper and more positive. Dont know where we go from that. 

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Far too late in the day to think about changing the management now. Might as well grin and bear it for the rest of the season. Still plenty to play for.

I don’t think so mate, you think we stand a chance in play offs? I know it’s a lot about luck and on the day etc. But a new management bounce and a proper one I’m sure it would hugely increase our chances 🤷‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s really not worth it. You won’t change their minds, those who doubt Warne have their opinions and are entitled to them.

I get what you’re saying, but there comes a point when serious questions have to be asked - especially when we capitulate to teams languishing near the bottom of what is an extremely poor standard league. Our disturbing inability to maintain a lead, along with the dreadful standards of protecting the ball lead many (me now included) to question the man responsible for our approach. 

He'll say his usual on to the next one with some random joke/pun... NO show a bit of seriousness, this isn't going right show some god damn determination.

Seems like a nice bloke you'd have a pint with and a bit of banter in the pub but not managing your club.

I liked him and was prepared to give him a transfer window but this isn't working and if we're honest it's never worked under him. The squad we have should be up there regardless of who is managing us.

Edited by Retro_RAM

1 minute ago, PrideParkhead said:

It's because he's small-time. Thinks he's still managing a piss pot club like Rovrum. He was never the right choice for Derby 

This exactly. He is not a good fit for Derby County. Despite our financial issues, we are still a much larger club than he is used to. Send him back to a tinpot where he belongs.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Far too late in the day to think about changing the management now. Might as well grin and bear it for the rest of the season. Still plenty to play for.

I probably disagree - I don't want Warne to stay whatever happens from now until the end of the season. His ceiling is L1, I've seen nothing to suggest he can succeed at a higher level, he's not a young manager, what's the point?