24/25 Kits

SECornerRAM

15 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I really like it, I'm honestly baffled at the negative reaction because I don't see the problem.

Each to their own I suppose, but I don't know what there is to dislike about it

Wouldn't t worry about it. The people who hate it probably think these are the two best Derby kits of the modern era πŸ˜‰:

1679996348_derby-2014-2015-home-football

Β 

rjw122-1_in4uxtoh2lglfe2z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Edited by May Contain Nuts

9 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Wouldn't t worry about it. The people who hate it probably think these are the two best Derby kits of the modern era πŸ˜‰:

1679996348_derby-2014-2015-home-football

Β 

rjw122-1_in4uxtoh2lglfe2z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Are you….are you saying you don’tΒ think that?!Β 
Β 

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Looks familiar πŸ‘€

im proud to have been involved in getting it reintroduced from our very first colours, obviously not a favourite with the flat earthers but who asked πŸ˜‚ πŸ€ŽπŸ’›πŸ’š

IMG_7079.jpeg

Is that the original badge? I’ve seen a different one quoted online as the original shirts were badgeless

Β 

Β 

IMG_8136.jpeg

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Is that the original badge? I’ve seen a different one quoted online as the original shirts were badgeless

Β 

Β 

IMG_8136.jpeg

No the badge on the 1884 shirt is the Derbyshire FA badge, there were four teams based in Derby, Derby county were the newest, if you were good you got to represent Derbyshire who would play against other regional teams, you were permitted to wear the badge on your Derbyshire fa league team shirt, remember there was no football league in those days, seen here on the first team photo.

IMG_6071 7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you….are you saying you don’tΒ think that?!Β 
Β 

I think my reputation as the forum's foremost expert in fashion precedes meΒ Β πŸ˜‚Β 

Well, at least my longstanding opinion that the worst kits are the best kits! As long as they're not awful in the way Chelsea's is...

Is Mint Green far enough from white to not count as clashing with other white/pale kits on TV screens? Could be a lot of 3rd kit games this season.

It hasn't caused me to projectile vomit across the room as it has for many, but I'm not a fan - mainly due to the "pattern" on the front. The colours aren't ideal but whatever, homage reasons - but the pattern isn't related to our first kit and is terrible.

6 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I really like it, but I have seen it β€˜in the flesh’. I think when others see it for real they will appreciate it more.Β 

Fair do, I like it much more on the club images just releases

The earth is round, sorry though @loweman2Β this one definitely is not for me.Β 

As I say, pleased the itch has been scratched with the founders colours, bringing back the 3 colours together.

Must also be a proud moment for you and the other Heritage members being involved with the kit design.

Makes me wonder if you have blue home shorts on the agenda somewhere in the future as that’s another itch that many have wanted to be scratched for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Day said:

The earth is round, sorry though @loweman2Β this one definitely is not for me.Β 

As I say, pleased the itch has been scratched with the founders colours, bringing back the 3 colours together.

Must also be a proud moment for you and the other Heritage members being involved with the kit design.

Makes me wonder if you have blue home shorts on the agenda somewhere in the future as that’s another itch that many have wanted to be scratched for a long time.

Yes good to get the colours back, it was the book project rather than heritage, a number of key areas unlocked through the research which was fascinating along the way, jason shardlow and Andy Ellis, also peter Seddon, I personally think it could have been a lot bolder as it’s a nod to the past, as for the blue shorts we will see, would be nice for the home kit but will do for an away day venture ? Who knows ?πŸ˜‰

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Looks familiar πŸ‘€

im proud to have been involved in getting it reintroduced from our very first colours, obviously not a favourite with the flat earthers but who asked πŸ˜‚ πŸ€ŽπŸ’›πŸ’š

IMG_7079.jpeg

It’s brilliant @loweman2

Top shirt for a top team.Β 

I love it,Β just a shame I won’t be one of the first 140 people buying it at the shop 😭

πŸ’š 🀎 πŸ’› 🐏 πŸ’› 🀎 πŸ’š

4 hours ago, Tombo said:

I really like it, I'm honestly baffled at the negative reaction because I don't see the problem.

Each to their own I suppose, but I don't know what there is to dislike about it

Yeah and me, at least it’s a bit different. Genuinely struggle to even remember our kits nowadays.