Paul Warne

Day

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Again, such a needlessly rude response. I don't know why you post like this so much nowadays but I will take your advice and make use of the ignore function.

Because folk get fed up after 18 months of these veiled criticisms with literally zero evidence to support them, but by all means call my character into question rather than address the point made to you. Unlike you, it bothers me not one iota.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are you alright? Such a bizarre response 

He's taking the piss, because I made a post about Warne earlier down the thread and then edited it to say can't be bothered. Which I can't because as you point out it's not allowed to have doubts about Warne's ability at Championship level, nor to remember and be concerned by just how abject some of the football was last season.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

When we all woke up on the last day of the season we didn’t know for sure if we’d make the automatics 

But we did and 100 percent deserved, we had a great end to the season, and we looked like we was going up to many fans 8 games before the season ended, Paul Warne put together a great dressing room spirit, and to only concede 3 goals in the last 10 games is incredable, I have faith that Paul Warne will see us in mid table saftey next season, and in 3 seasons time we will be banging on the door of the play offs, for a club that nearly went to the wall, we have done very well to be back in the championship after 2 seasons and 0 pounds spent on transfers, I am a very proud Ram fan. 

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I will back him now though and look forward to seeing how he performs and who he can sign.  He more than deserves his chance now and it will be interesting to see what happens now his hands aren't tied by the EFL.

I also hope he does well of course.  But I fear the financial constraints will continue - absent new investors I doubt we’ll see a big change in our profile in the recruiting market 

2 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

and we looked like we was going up to many fans 8 games before the season ended, 

Funny you say that. In the ‘where will we finish?’ thread I started posting “2nd” about 8 matches before the finish. Check it. You’ll also remember how many thought the wheels would fall off in the run-in (consistent with what they call the Derby Way). None of that’s  got anything to do with whether we saw the best of our squad last season. We spent a lot of time watching the wrong players imo 

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I also hope he does well of course.  But I fear the financial constraints will continue - absent new investors I doubt we’ll see a big change in our profile in the recruiting market 

I would be surprised if we didn't get new investors, it seems like such a key time for it to happen.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's taking the piss, because I made a post about Warne earlier down the thread and then edited it to say can't be bothered. Which I can't because as you point out it's not allowed to have doubts about Warne's ability at Championship level, nor to remember and be concerned by just how abject some of the football was last season.

You didn’t have doubts, you wanted him sacked as you mentioned on numerous occasions.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I definitely won't be assessing our chances this season until the window has shut - agreed.

But a lot of the points you were making seemed to be on assumed potential, and rather optimistically! Some people sit on the other side of the fence. Neither is right or wrong necessarily. 

All I'm arguing is that it's not mental to be concerned about how we'll get on under Warne this season, judging by both his record at Championship level and by the quality of the football that was on display last season. 

The point of him saying that we were inconsistent was what I was referring to as mental. When from October onwards we accumulated more points than anyone in the league.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's taking the piss, because I made a post about Warne earlier down the thread and then edited it to say can't be bothered.

Sorry to disappoint but I hadn't even seen your post and unless it had been directed at me, I'd have paid it no heed even if I had. 

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

....as you point out it's not allowed to have doubts about Warne's ability at Championship level

Really? Your last 5,000 to 10,000 posts would suggest otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Walkley Ram said:

Lampard was understandable. We'd tried plenty of managers who had success elsewhere and it hadn't worked. So we tried something fresh and it almost worked. He was as close as anyone to taking us up, so saying he was just a name is unfair.

Go on guess how Lampard got the job...give in...then I'll tell ya, Mel Morris was a mate of Uncle Harry...you know the gob s**** cockney spiv...who happens to be Lampard's Nephew.

Almost worked aint good enough...the wages paid out hung heavy on Morris, And don't get me started on the Wembley starting 11 😡

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Not saying DCFC has but, clubs will have agreed sales/purchases with other clubs and signed the deals. They will have agreed terms and signed contracts with players. The only thing they can't do is register any deals with the EFL yet. I hope we've got deals at that point already but won't be thinking of hara kiri if we haven't.

RUFC were indeed 8th when we nicked PW. They also had a game in hand on all 7 clubs above them. Had they won that, they would have been 5th.

Has he signed yet ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're going to eat the manager? Okay.

You made your mind up early into the managers reign and nothing was going to change your opinion.

Lots of people had doubts when he was appointed, me included, it was the same when Jim Smith was appointed.

I didn’t voice my opinion, I preferred to wait and see how it played out.

Some had a very low opinion of him but have since changed their minds and have stated that, and that’s fine.

No one knows what this season will bring but we start with a clean slate and I am prepared to give the team and management my full support. You ?