Paul Warne

Day

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad your happy. 👍

As I replied, yes an achievement. Done with some of the League's best players and best paid players. Oh, well not yet done, so probably scraped in. An achievement though.

Players that were free or unwanted by their previous clubs. Players that are paid what the EFL will allow, not whatever we want. Yes, they are good players for this level and well-paid towards other clubs, but as we know ourselves, more money does not necessarily equal more success.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Does this qualify as a legitimate point worthy of debate?

No, I didn’t think so. 

Do I need to clarify that the post was satirical of this thread?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad your happy. 👍

As I replied, yes an achievement. Done with some of the League's best players and best paid players. Oh, well not yet done, so probably scraped in. An achievement though.

Is this you confessing that you’re not happy if we get promoted then? 😀

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad your happy. 👍

All a matter of perspective I suppose, you say probably scraped in and yet we’ve accumulated the second largest points total in the league (so far), have the second highest number of wins in the league (so far), and (although I don’t have the stats) have been in the automatic promotion positions for a fair few weeks at the business end of the season.

Has it been hard work at times? Yeah, for sure, but in my opinion over the course of the season it’s hard to say we don’t deserve it based on results and the league table.

“Scraped in?” Not for me.

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

All a matter of perspective I suppose, you say probably scraped in and yet we’ve accumulated the second largest points total in the league (so far), have the second highest number of wins in the league (so far), and (although I don’t have the stats) have been in the automatic promotion positions for a fair few weeks at the business end of the season.

Has it been hard work at times? Yeah, for sure, but in my opinion over the course of the season it’s hard to say we don’t deserve it based on results and the league table.

“Scraped in?” Not for me.

Don't forget it's the most points we've ever had, and the joint most away wins we've ever had. Guess we've never had a good season before.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Players that were free or unwanted by their previous clubs. Players that are paid what the EFL will allow, not whatever we want. Yes, they are good players for this level and well-paid towards other clubs, but as we know ourselves, more money does not necessarily equal more success.

Well I guess the Prem teams like Chelsea have found out that having a good manager to spend the money is just if not more important. We're down in League 1 because we had points deducted not because we bought bad players or were out played. 

I enjoyed last season more than this, and if this season ends in promotion I'll be glad to get out of this League.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't forget it's the most points we've ever had, and the joint most away wins we've ever had. Guess we've never had a good season before.

Lol. I guess it depends how long you've been watching us play? 😄

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I didn’t say we’ve never had a good season before, I’m talking about this specific season and that we look to have earned the right to automatic promotion over the course of the season, possibly making harder work of it at times, but ultimately we look to have consistently been the second best (in terms of points accumulated if not style of play which most agree could be better) team in the league. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do we do the mute thing again???  The fact you're still not happy at any part of this situation is enough of a reason not to have to read your doom-mongering crap ever again...

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What I said was factual. If you can't be happy with most points ever, then when can you?

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I didn’t say we’ve never had a good season before, I’m talking about this specific season and that we look to have earned the right to automatic promotion over the course of the season, possibly making harder work of it at times, but ultimately we look to have consistently been the second best (in terms of points accumulated if not style of play which most agree could be better) team in the league. 

I know you didn't. I did. I think I need to end my posts with /s in this thread as the sarcasm filter seems to be failing.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

What I said was factual. If you can't be happy with most points ever, then when can you?

When did I say I was unhappy with us getting promoted? 🙂

I replied as a joke, but there's so much personal abuse on this site nowadays it just all gets lumped together. 

Edited by RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Guess we've never had a good season before.

The question of whether this has been a "good" season is really interesting to me.

Statistically speaking it certainly has been. How can anyone argue that a promotion season (fingers crossed) isn't a good season?

And yet I would say that I enjoyed the McClaren season, the Lampard, maybe even the Rowett season, more than this one.

Why? Maybe my own personal enjoyment from football comes more from what I've seen happen over the 90 mins as opposed to the result.

I think what this season has done has made every Derby fan, whether they realise it or not, question whether they prefer the result or the football being played. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I guess the Prem teams like Chelsea have found out that having a good manager to spend the money is just if not more important. We're down in League 1 because we had points deducted not because we bought bad players or were out played. 

I enjoyed last season more than this, and if this season ends in promotion I'll be glad to get out of this League.

And yet you wanted the manager sacked last season.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Greatest achievement since 2006/7? You think coming second in League 1 playing turgid football is an achievement? Lets debate it.

Nah that's okay, it's not appropriate. 👍

Two years since almost going out of business, still hobbled by EFL embargoes and with, at least to some, an utterly one-dimensional manager with no plan 'B'?

I'll take it.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you really though? The same manager, I’d argue the football was worse. We ran out of steam far earlier, the players were not as fit. We scored fewer goals, conceded more. We lost more, drew more, won less. Other than the novelty of playing some teams we’ve never played before, or not played for a long time, I don’t see any aspect of last season that was more enjoyable.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The question of whether this has been a "good" season is really interesting to me.

Statistically speaking it certainly has been. How can anyone argue that a promotion season (fingers crossed) isn't a good season?

And yet I would say that I enjoyed the McClaren season, the Lampard, maybe even the Rowett season, more than this one.

Why? Maybe my own personal enjoyment from football comes more from what I've seen happen over the 90 mins as opposed to the result.

I think what this season has done has made every Derby fan, whether they realise it or not, question whether they prefer the result or the football being played. 

I'm sure every fan wants to see flowing football combined with winning - who wouldn't? However, given a choice of losing a match 3-2 or scraping a 1-0 win, when I wake up on a Sunday morning and my thoughts return to the previous afternoon, it's the win every time.

The McClaren and Lampard seasons gave us some exciting matches (without any EFL restrictions) but ultimately, when I think back to those times, my first thought is one of failure and what had gone before fades into the distance.

Just now, Kernow said:

Did you really though? The same manager, I’d argue the football was worse. We ran out of steam far earlier, the players were not as fit. We scored fewer goals, conceded more. We lost more, drew more, won less. Other than the novelty of playing some teams we’ve never played before, or not played for a long time, I don’t see any aspect of last season that was more enjoyable.

Fair enough, that is your take on it, see @Nuwtfly post about 'enjoyment'. I enjoyed last season more, that is my take on it. I can't be bothered to explain why it will only lead to more personally anti posts about me rather than the football.

I'll be happy to be promoted, and now I'm looking forward to next season. #COYR

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair enough, that is your take on it, see @Nuwtfly post about 'enjoyment'. I enjoyed last season more, that is my take on it. I can't be bothered to explain why it will only lead to more personally anti posts about me rather than the football.

I'll be happy to be promoted, and now I'm looking forward to next season. #COYR

Just to be clear as I don’t want it to be misconstrued, my reply to you wasn’t personal, it was meant as conversation and debate as others have been advocating for the last couple of days. You feel one way about this season (scraped in), I feel another (earned it but could have made it far smoother an experience overall if we’d put certain teams away) and was explaining my thoughts, wasn’t intended as a dig or anything so sorry if that’s how it came across