Paul Warne

Day

4 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Appreciate your candour and I don't entirely disagree, I do think recently there has been an increase in posts taking an extreme view against people with doubts/complaints though, which is what I'm reacting against and may give the impression my own views have becoem less balanced. I do feel more agitated by other posters than a few weeks ago, but it's probably based on a few (awful) individuals being problematic than the general tone of posts.

I also feel there are times where you have taken a side, in spite of your desire not to, in favour of one side of the argument and may have been swayed a little bit toward those with a more dismissive POV and have - intentionally or not - started to not give full weight to some of the horrible stuff aimed towards those not fully behind Warne.

I think the signing of Adams was excellent but I won't ignore that that he wouldn't have been needed if the Fornah hadn't proves a poor signing (so far) - that opinion seems to have set a couple of folk off, as have my views on McGoldrick, but these are specific posts and by the by, not really meant for discussiuon here.

Not denying it but probably for similar reasons to yourself, I felt a certain element (who are still very active) are/were relentless in their negativity about Warne and started to bite in response to it, not because of some love of Warne more just through a genuine disbelief and irritation by such pessimistic comment. And for clarity I don’t mean the well articulated and reasoned words of a number of posters, just a certain few who won’t allow any credit to the man or his methods.

I took a week off the forum as it was genuinely intruding on my life and bringing me down, and it helped me realise that my thoughts and opinions on it are what they are, if other people feel differently that’s up to them, where I can have a reasonable conversation with people I will and if not, stuff it, people can enjoy their misery and I’ll carry on being a naively optimistic little soul. 

25 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

In the here and now, you say?

Yet the original conversation stemmed from your comment about Warne’s past in the Championship and how you ‘daren’t mention it’…

OK, yes, in the here and now, we are 2nd and on a run where we have won more than 70% of our games. Is that not enough for you?

What advantages do we have over the two other main contenders Portsmouth and Bolton? Do you think we should be finishing above them and if we don’t, is that a failure in your eyes?

My here and now relates to your constant redirections to other teams' success or otherwise at this level, which is largely irrelevant because there are so many differences between us, them, the league, everything to the point that you really cant use what someone else did  - or is doing - as a measure of our own performance.

Is being 2nd and winning most games good enough for me? In isolation, in the short term, yes, of course. I can't just turn my brain off at that though.

Our advantage over Portsmouth and Bolton is that we have a manager who has such a good record of promotion out of this league, which in the short term should count for a lot. I've always said that we should be a top 3 team come the end of the season, and we're on course for that.

I'm not going to spew forth platitudes for someone meeting requirements though, maybe it seems harsh to some but I'm, judging Warne to a high standard, based on everything that's been said about him by those at the club.

I'm massively positive about the future of our club and it annoys me when people seem so obsessed with raking over the coals re: the administration/restrictions  in order to praise the manager for hitting par.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

43 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

In recent posts, you talk about problematic individuals, the division on the forum, bullying, and horrible stuff being said towards those with doubts about Warne.

Yet in the past, you have called me an AI chatbot, a slick PR mastermind, a potential contestant on the Traitors, a fraud, a fictional character. And that’s only publicly.

Maybe you should reflect on your own posting style too?

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not denying it but probably for similar reasons to yourself, I felt a certain element (who are still very active) are/were relentless in their negativity about Warne and started to bite in response to it, not because of some love of Warne more just through a genuine disbelief and irritation by such pessimistic comment. And for clarity I don’t mean the well articulated and reasoned words of a number of posters, just a certain few who won’t allow any credit to the man or his methods.

I took a week off the forum as it was genuinely intruding on my life and bringing me down, and it helped me realise that my thoughts and opinions on it are what they are, if other people feel differently that’s up to them, where I can have a reasonable conversation with people I will and if not, stuff it, people can enjoy their misery and I’ll carry on being a naively optimistic little soul. 

Aye.

Without getting all flowery, I think our discussions stand as proof against the idea everyone just has an entrenched view, and that's that.

I have some perfectly respectable conversations when I'm replying to posts such as this, and it frustrates me no end when someone comes along who is interested only in dismissing what's been said without first reading it properly and trying to understand what's been said.

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

In recent posts, you talk about problematic individuals, the division on the forum, bullying, and horrible stuff being said towards those with doubts about Warne.

Yet in the past, you have called me an AI chatbot, a slick PR mastermind, a potential contestant on the Traitors, a fraud, a fictional character. And that’s only publicly.

Maybe you should reflect on your own posting style too?

I have said that your posts read as such...

...because rather often they do!

What's wrong with being a slick PR mastermind or a potential contestant on The Traitors, exactly? They were kind of meant as compiments, albeit backhanded ones. I'm genuinely impressed by your abilties in that regard (it takes a level of intelligence and charm I don't possess) even if I'm not a fan of how you use them. Honestly I think you could make a killing on that show, so to speak!

The disparity between your attitude toward Cocu and your attitude to Warne will always mark you out as a massive hypocrite in my eyes. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I've made an effort in the past week or so to drop the issue, and intended to carry that on, because I realised it was unfair to keep targetting your posts, and I'm really not that person.

I just don't buy your persona on here, again, I'm sorry for that but  I don't really think theres much you can do to change that over the internet. I've also said that i'm sure you're a lovely guy when not in posting mode. I'd rather be open about these things.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

2 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Does beg the question as to whether it would have produced better immediate benefits if we had used the CBT funds to purchase a quality striker now and if necessary leave the CBT deal to the summer. Early days I know but CBT doesn’t seem to be the catalyst to pushing on that we needed now….

This is the key point. No need to refer to how Corey-Blackett. has done so far, that's not relevant. rather why prioritise another winger against the more urgent need for another forward ? Criminal negligence and a mistake we also made in the summer transfer window. Warne's words today included how important is having a Collins-like figure to lead the line owtte, so what are we supposed to do now?

9 hours ago, DRBee said:

This is the key point. No need to refer to how Corey-Blackett. has done so far, that's not relevant. rather why prioritise another winger against the more urgent need for another forward ? Criminal negligence and a mistake we also made in the summer transfer window. Warne's words today included how important is having a Collins-like figure to lead the line owtte, so what are we supposed to do now?

Hang on...it's well documented how they tried to get a striker in, and well documented why it didn't happen. It would have been negligent not to try, but nonpoint signing a striker who wouldn't bring anything to the party.

We have 4 strikers. All injured. Nit Warne's fault.

We'll make do until we get one back, and we'll try to sign a free agent. All sound and sensible to me.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Easy in hindsight Roy. 

Maybe the rough tactics of Steve Evans played a part in team selection. 

Can’t always play pretty football in this League and losing James Collins for most of the season must have been a shock to the club and tactics 

I didn't think there was much evidence of that, we kicked and pushed as much as they did, but it was hardly that noticeable As for hindsight, we had a previously awful first half at home and he set up the same again. Losing Collins is a blow but Wilson ran around and wasn't as useful as out wide.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't he start him?

Oh yeah, I can just imagine how supportive of that decision YOU would have been 😂

Maybe it was because Smith had only had 20 minutes of football in 4 months and didn't think he was yet up to 90 minutes against Evans' bruisers?

You're a proper troll-y doll-y aren't you? 😅

Just now, Crewton said:

Oh yeah, I can just imagine how supportive of that decision YOU would have been 😂

Maybe it was because Smith had only had 20 minutes of football in 4 months and didn't think he was yet up to 90 minutes against Evans' bruisers?

You're a proper troll-y doll-y aren't you? 😅

No. I asked a simple question that I hadn't seen anyone ask (but I've not read lots of posts because of the sad personal infighting going on) and was interested in what the reply might be. If not Smith then Thommo. We'd already seen that first half didn't work previously, but hey carry on with the jibes.

I didn't think there was much evidence of that, we kicked and pushed as much as they did. As for hindsight, we had a previously awful first half at home and he set up the same again. Losing Collins is a blow but Wilson ran around and wasn't as useful as out wide.

I thought the Wilson tactical change was crucial but it didn’t work against Shrewsbury late on as people were bemoaning Nyambe going off after late equaliser.

No. I asked a simple question that I hadn't seen anyone ask (but I've not read lots of posts because of the sad personal infighting going on) and was interested in what the reply might be. If not Smith then Thommo. We'd already seen that first half didn't work previously, but hey carry on with the jibes.

No, you weren't. How could I possibly know the answer to that question?

It wasn't a genuine question, it was purely rhetorical and you were having a dig, as usual.

If you're objecting to the infighting, perhaps you could try a bit harder not to deliberately provoke it?

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I thought the Wilson tactical change was crucial but it didn’t work against Shrewsbury late on as people were bemoaning Nyambe going off after late equaliser.

Well it sort of worked, as we created more immediately but didn't score? I think it's his 'best spot', but... Was annoying listening to RamsTV saying how Sibs hadn't scored a league goal at PP for two years, well yes but one he doesn't get much of a run and two the run he does get is in defence! So 'best spots' are debateable it seems. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, you weren't. How could I possibly know the answer to that question?

It wasn't a genuine question, it was purely rhetorical and you were having a dig, as usual.

If you're objecting to the infighting, perhaps you could try a bit harder not to deliberately provoke it?

Yes I was asking a simple question, you chose to be insulting. 

11 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I don't want you removed! Appreciate the honesty, just think it's always best to be up front about such matters.

Never hid behind anything, I left because I was getting involved in the COVID thread, where the same posters had the same arguments every day and refused imo to change stance depending on which side of the fence they sat (Me included).

I came back to give some insight based on being around the academy and unfortunately have got involved again, in what sometimes feels like Groundhog Day, just a different subject. I said at the time, I have no real affiliation to PW, more stability around the club and not going down the same route as the previous owner.

IMO I think he is doing a good job, but then I had never heard of him before he came to us, so I really don't care what he did before joining us.

15 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Hang on...it's well documented how they tried to get a striker in, and well documented why it didn't happen. It would have been negligent not to try, but nonpoint signing a striker who wouldn't bring anything to the party.

We have 4 strikers. All injured. Nit Warne's fault.

We'll make do until we get one back, and we'll try to sign a free agent. All sound and sensible to me.

It may or may not be Warne's fault but that doesn't mean it's nobody's fault.   We needed a striker and we didn't get one.   If we'd put the CBT money towards, for example,  Chris Martin that to me would have made more sense.   I don't want to go on about it because it's done now but it's not as if the need for a striker is only being seen now we went into the window with most saying that's the priority. 

3 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

It may or may not be Warne's fault but that doesn't mean it's nobody's fault.   We needed a striker and we didn't get one.   If we'd put the CBT money towards, for example,  Chris Martin that to me would have made more sense.   I don't want to go on about it because it's done now but it's not as if the need for a striker is only being seen now we went into the window with most saying that's the priority. 

Think it's been well documented that we didn't have any space on the business plan for a perm signing.

So doing what you suggest, wasnt feasible from my understanding.