Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Blackburns striker last the night the 8ft guy who started was a right handful, we could do with someone like that, 

A midfielder that’ll carry the ball like Goudmijn did last night but might play abit more forward that’ll add goals. 

a CB with a bit more pace and I don’t think we’d be to far off, 

Obviously an extra winger wouldn’t go amiss either 

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Carvalho joining Brentford from Liverpool, I wonder if that might free up Maghoma to leave on loan....he is the sort of attacking midfielder we need

Just come on here to say the exact same..

Wonder if this is one we've spoke about getting on loan?

Natural progression for him really. Good league one loan last season. Next step up now.

Would be a good signing. Exactly what we are missing. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just come on here to say the exact same..

Wonder if this is one we've spoke about getting on loan?

Natural progression for him really. Good league one loan last season. Next step up now.

Would be a good signing. Exactly what we are missing. 

The one that has been agreed some time ago but was staying with his club until late in pre-season?

Kelvin Eibhatiomhan, 21 year old 6 foot 4 striker from Reading always looks a handful when I see him. Fast athletic and works hard. Has got an eye for goal and wins a ridiculous amount of headers. He’s in the last year of his contract and can’t imagine he’d cost a crazy amount as Reading aren’t the strongest financially. Be surprised if we haven’t looked at him as he’s got all the attributes our coaching staff like. He also scored 11 goals in 47 games last year and has 1 (should have 2 was just offside) today agaisnt Birmingham. He also would have good resale value should it work out.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Kelvin Eibhatiomhan, 21 year old 6 foot 4 striker from Reading always looks a handful when I see him. Fast athletic and works hard. Has got an eye for goal and wins a ridiculous amount of headers. He’s in the last year of his contract and can’t imagine he’d cost a crazy amount as Reading aren’t the strongest financially. Be surprised if we haven’t looked at him as he’s got all the attributes our coaching staff like. He also scored 11 goals in 47 games last year and has 1 (should have 2 was just offside) today agaisnt Birmingham. He also would have good resale value should it work out.

One of those that looks so obvious you wonder what the catch is - I assume Reading must want a bit more than you might imagine

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

One of those that looks so obvious you wonder what the catch is - I assume Reading must want a bit more than you might imagine

It is a bit strange, id see if they’d want Fornah or barkhuizen the other way to make the deal happen we need players off the books.

19 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Reminded me a bit like him last night for them 

I was listening to talk sport and  Gabriel Agbonlahor Was talking about Kellyman being a Villa fan and academy graduate…. 

Anyway he made the point that Kellyman will almost certainly be loaned out now he is at Chelsea…. Would we want him back? Maybe give us a bit of impetus going forward? 

So looking at the clubs Nixon has listed I thought I would have a look at the Prem teams listed to see who we could potentially be after on loan....I am assuming here that our story is relating to a Prem loan -

Brighton

Andrew Moran - 20 year old attacking mid who can also play on either wing. Spent last season on loan at Blackburn, scoring 2 goals & getting 6 assists.

Mark O'Mahony - 19 year old centre forward, who made 3 Prem sub appearances last season. Brighton looking to loan him to a Champ club for the season.

Chelsea

Bashir Humphreys - 21 year old left footed centre back, was on loan last season at Swansea & unlikely to feature for Chelsea so another Champ loan could be a possibility

Omari Kellyman - 18 year old left footed attacking mid who can play right wing, just had a big move from Villa but unlikely to feature for Chelseas forat tema given the number of players they have. Came through our academy so a return could be possible

Cesare Casadei - 21 year old attacking mid who can play in the 8 or 10 like Warne wants. He spent last season on loan at Leicester & is likely to go out on loan again

Tino Anjorin - 22 year old attacking mid who has experience in the Champ & was on loan at Pompey last season

Deivid Washington - 19 year old centre forward, 6ft 1, Chelsea do want him to go out on loan, likely to be too expensive for us though

Marc Guiu - 18 year old centre forward, 6ft 2, Chelsea are meant to be looking into sending him out on loan potentially to a Champ club after they have just signed him for £6m

Everton

Chermiti - 20 year old centre forward, 6ft 2, cost them £12.5m last summer but only made 18 appearances in the Prem with only 1 of them being a start, 196mins total played. They may look to loan him out to get some game time, whether he would be in our budget is another story. He is however 5th choice striker & can play left wing.

Liverpool

Rhys Williams - 23 year old, 6ft 4, centre back who has Champ experience. Could be available.on a permanent as well as a loan

Owen Beck - 22 year old left back, been mentioned on here previously

Newcastle

Alex Murphy - 20 year old, 6ft 1, left back who can also play centre back, he has made 2 Prem sub appearances

Edited by DCFC1388

It's clear we need a CF who is physical, has a bit of pace to run on to through balls and to press, but also do their primary job - shoot often and score goals. These are a few of the players who match that description and I feel are affordable:

Bruny Nsimba - scored 24 and assisted 2 in the Belgian 2nd division last season. Now promoted, he has 2 goal contributions in his first 3 games. 24 years old.

Jovo Lukić - previously suggested him a few weeks ago. Plays for Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia) would be cheap punt. 25 years old CF with 1 year left on his contract, 14 goals and 6 assists last season. 

Alex Tamm - has an excellent record in Estonia with 55 goals and 17 assists in his last 3 seasons (85 games). Only just turned 23 too.

Wendel - plays for Porto B (aportuguese 2nd div) and scored 18 and assisted 6 last season. 24 years old so unlikely to step up to Porto's first team, but may still cost quite a bit.

Daniel Bîrligea - another I mentioned a few weeks back 24 years only playing for Cluj, Romania. Capped twice for Romania. 15 goals and 7 assists in 46 games last season, and already has 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games this season. 

Wesley Leggett - plays for Loudoun (MLS 2nd tier). 23 years old woth 8 goals and 4 assists in just over 1100 mins this season. Look very raw, but would be cheap.

Nathanael Blair - had 13 goals and 1 assist in 10 games for an Australian 2nd tier side. Just moved to Perth Glory (tier 1) and already has 3 goals in 2 games. Low standard of opposition, but would be another cheap option.

I know it’s only bone game into the season, but I went to watch Burton vs Lincoln yesterday, very entertaining game of football, watched Dylan Williams our ex player, did make me wonder why we were not back in for him, very composed performance and definitely has baulked up a bit, also very impressed with burton’s number 2, a right winger, goodwin-Malife, looked raw, but very dangerous.

Who was the Lincoln midfielder a lot mentioned in pre season? Was it Erhahon? Looked decent nothing special.