Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

You would have thought that Joau would be ideal as a Warne type player. Did brill at Reading. 

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

You would have thought that Joau would be ideal as a Warne type player. Did brill at Reading. 

30 years old and was a first choice striker for a long time at Reading but still only made 340 appearances in his career. Only made it above 40 league appearances once in his career. 

Doesn’t strike me as a Warne type. 

Been having a little nose at a list of top goal contributors across the world last season and found a suggestion. I’ll start with the caveat that I know the standard is way below championship level, but the player that caught my eye on the list as a potentially cheap option with upside is Brad Young at TNS in Wales.

He’s 21, came through Villa’s academy and is from the Birmingham area so could fit in with some of our current Brum linked lads; scored 29 goals and provided 4 assists in 36 games in all comps last season and has 3 goals in 3 champions league qualifying games so far this season. I watched some YouTube videos and he scores a variety of goals from tap ins to long rangers and the odd header. Oh and he survived being stabbed 3 times when he was younger so he’s hard as nails. 

Would be a step up for sure but could potentially represent that value option in an inflated market. Or I could be talking out of my arris. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Been having a little nose at a list of top goal contributors across the world last season and found a suggestion. I’ll start with the caveat that I know the standard is way below championship level, but the player that caught my eye on the list as a potentially cheap option with upside is Brad Young at TNS in Wales.

He’s 21, came through Villa’s academy and is from the Birmingham area so could fit in with some of our current Brum linked lads; scored 29 goals and provided 4 assists in 36 games in all comps last season and has 3 goals in 3 champions league qualifying games so far this season. I watched some YouTube videos and he scores a variety of goals from tap ins to long rangers and the odd header. Oh and he survived being stabbed 3 times when he was younger so he’s hard as nails. 

Would be a step up for sure but could potentially represent that value option in an inflated market. Or I could be taking out of my arris. 

Has he been linked with Peterboro yet? 😄

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Only a matter of time, then they’ll sell him for millions and he’ll fade into obscurity… 🤣 

It would be nice if we could get one of those players right one day, right? Sign them for a good price, get a good 2 or 3 seasons out of them then cash in big time. 

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Would be a step up for sure but could potentially represent that value option in an inflated market. Or I could be talking out of my arris. 

Seems like a player who’d be able to do it in England as he’s great movement and scored different types of goals. Hes been linked to Bristol city and they had scouts at his recent European qualification games.

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seems like a player who’d be able to do it in England as he’s great movement and scored different types of goals. Hes been linked to Bristol city and they had scouts at his recent European qualification games.

That’s what I thought from the clips I watched. I know it’s a lower standard that he’s currently playing in, but just that simple eye test of his touch, movement and finishing, looks like he’s capable of playing at a higher level. 

19 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Stefano Vecchia of Malmo.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him before but this guy looks a good player. 

29 but if he’s fit, that scarcely matters.

Goal threat and create but injury prone to say the least. Would look at Trenskow, a Danish lad from Kalmar FF as a younger option. 

Edited by InstaRam

15 hours ago, trappatoni said:

At some point if we want a top goalscorer we are going to have to take a punt on an unproven striker - as proven ones cost more than we have to spend.

I can remember seeing Harry Kane and Chris Wood sitting on the bench for Leicester. At some point somebody has got to take a risk and put that type of player in the team . Warne and Mo-Bob seem obsessed with wide players . We seem frightened of our own shadow at times . Let’s have at least one gamble on a striker . Even Brown . 

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

They've knocked back bids for 4 players from Birmingham apparently, who have also bid for Stansfield with a 7 million opening bid being mooted.  They've spent about 14 million already.  Smells like Morris in 2015.

59 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've knocked back bids for 4 players from Birmingham apparently, who have also bid for Stansfield with a 7 million opening bid being mooted.  They've spent about 14 million already.  Smells like Morris in 2015.

Was Mel a bit whiffy then 🤔👃

Seen a few people suggest Devante Cole, and people also thought the mystery man at chesterfield was Devante Cole (it definitely wasn’t) but he’s signing for West Brom. WBA fans reckon he’s signing as a third choice option. A lot of Barnsley fans cannot believe he’s got a championship move either. 

22 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s what I thought from the clips I watched. I know it’s a lower standard that he’s currently playing in, but just that simple eye test of his touch, movement and finishing, looks like he’s capable of playing at a higher level. 

Exactly what was said about Ian Wright!