Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

European scouting for #9s...

Mojmír Chytil - Slavia Praga (Czechia), 25. 3 sub apps in the Euros. Hood in the air, good defensive contribution, links play, and scores plenty of goals. Way out of our price range?

Anosike Ementa - Viborg (Denmark), 22. A 6'8" giant with great link up play. 10 goals and 6 assists in 35 games. Bought for only £110k last summer but still has 2.5 years left on his contract.

j*** Hornkamp - Heracles (Netherlands), 26. 10 goals and 2 assists in 17 games last season after missing the first half of the season due to an ankle injury. Should be a fan favourite for chants alone...

Might have to adjust the content filter if we do go for J izz Hornkamp 😂

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

European scouting for #9s...

Mojmír Chytil - Slavia Praga (Czechia), 25. 3 sub apps in the Euros. Hood in the air, good defensive contribution, links play, and scores plenty of goals. Way out of our price range?

Anosike Ementa - Viborg (Denmark), 22. A 6'8" giant with great link up play. 10 goals and 6 assists in 35 games. Bought for only £110k last summer but still has 2.5 years left on his contract.

j*** Hornkamp - Heracles (Netherlands), 26. 10 goals and 2 assists in 17 games last season after missing the first half of the season due to an ankle injury. Should be a fan favourite for chants alone...

I'm sure I was prescribed some Mojmir Chytil for my constipation - worked a treat.

I won't admit what the J*** Hornkamp prescription was for, but the Missus was happy.

On 23/05/2024 at 13:51, Eoghan1884 said:

I’ve found it difficult to find good potential loans and frees to recruit for our striking department. Not sure how much we have to spend but can imagine a large % of it will be used on our strike force. I’ve found 4 options which I think would suit our style of play, 2 from Scotland and 2 from Europe. All in a good age bracket and with a range of positives and qualities. 

Moussa Sylla (24) at Pau on loan in Ligue 2 from Caen another Ligue 2 side. Plays up front or on the wing and got 16 goals and 7 assists in 37 games. As Caen failed to be promoted from Ligue 2 and Sylla has one year left on his contract I think he could be available on a cheap deal. Fast and creative with good pressing stats. Perfect for a front two or on either wing in a three. 

Thelonius (Theo) Bair (24) Suggested him before and still think he suits us perfectly. A 6 foot 4 mobile striker with an eye for goal and good hold up play. 15 goals and 6 assists in his 41 games this season in Scotland. Only a year left on his contract also. Also has 2 Canadian caps with 1 goal. Took him a while to settle in Scotland but once he played to his strengths he’s been unbelievable. 

Zan Celar (25) Slovenian international, 6 foot 2 and loves goals. Playing for Lugano he has 51 goals in his 114 games there, with 21 of them coming in 46 games along with 4 assists. He is another with only a year left on his contract. The Swiss league does have some quality and I can’t see how he wouldn’t score goals for us. No idea what fee he would require, he is definitely the most unknown out of the 4 I’ve looked into. 

Bojan Miovski (24) Left footed Macedonian who impresses me whenever I see him. Would imagine he’d cost slightly less than Lewis Ferguson who Aberdeen sold to (champions league qualifying) Bologna last season for roughly 1.65 million pounds. He is probably the most expensive option on the list but he would definitely be worth it. He has 26 goals and 4 assists in his 53 Aberdeen games this season with 4 of them being in Europe. That is following last seasons tally of 18 goals and 3 assists in 42 games. He can score with both feet and good in the air standing at 6 foot 3. 

For strikers I thought would suit us a few weeks back

Moussa Sylla signed for schalke for 2 million 

Bair moved to Auxerre in france after having interest from a host of champ clubs for 1.6 million 

Zan Celar signed for QPR only yesterday for 1.7 million

Bojan Miovski is still at Aberdeen but because teams all over Europe are looking at him now, the fee will probably go up to multi millions. 

I think this shows how difficult the striker market is going to be for us as values are hiked as everyone always wants a striker. 

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For strikers I thought would suit us a few weeks back

Moussa Sylla signed for schalke for 2 million 

Bair moved to Auxerre in france after having interest from a host of champ clubs for 1.6 million 

Zan Celar signed for QPR only yesterday for 1.7 million

Bojan Miovski is still at Aberdeen but because teams all over Europe are looking at him now, the fee will probably go up to multi millions. 

I think this shows how difficult the striker market is going to be for us as values are hiked as everyone always wants a striker. 

It’ll be Matt Smith on deadline day! 😂

I wonder if we’d go for Duncan McGuire (23) who was in talks with Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn last season. 

A move broke down last second to Blackburn for 2.3 million but he’s since turned down a contract and only has a few months left on his contract. Multiple unnamed English clubs want him this summer and he wants to play in Europe. 

He is 6 foot 1 and has 23 goals and 4 assists in 59 MLS games for Orlando. Hes a striker who would suit us as he’s physical aswell as having good mobility. He scores a range of goals and is able to  hold the ball up and create chances for others. 

With him wanting to leave and his contract expiring in December I can’t imagine he’d be ridiculously expensive. Hes gone to the Olympics with team USA so when he returns there won’t be long left in the window which could mean Orlando will sell for cheaper if they don’t want him to go for free.

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I doubt it mate. I'd have him here all day. But Warne said he wants a proper number 9. 

He can definitely play the modern day 9 role but as you say, Warne may want the traditional target man who can hold it up

Mihailo Ivanović - 19 year old CF from Vojvodina (Serbia). Had a loan to Sampdoria in 22/23 but they opted not to make it permanent. Dominant in the air, a good finisher, likes to dribble, and presses. I imagine he'd cost about £1.5m, so may be doable?

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Carl Rushworth. The complication being an injury to Brighton's first choice GK who'll be out for the next 6 weeks. Brighton were waiting for the results of the scans before committing to a loan.

Deadline day signing? Only 3-4 league games before the window closes and then it's an international break, so we can afford to wait till then if necessary.