Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, O'hare is the goat said:

dont know if this is complete dross or not just thought id post it

Can’t see Bradley going for that considering how he had made his feelings quite clear about how him coming to us and League 1 was a short-term thing…. And how he regarded himself as a Champ player.

Mind u, may depend on what PW says to him about his plans for the coming season and whether he (Bradley) is likely to play regularly…….

34 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Can’t see Bradley going for that considering how he had made his feelings quite clear about how him coming to us and League 1 was a short-term thing…. And how he regarded himself as a Champ player.

Mind u, may depend on what PW says to him about his plans for the coming season and whether he (Bradley) is likely to play regularly…….

Would be a good move if we could get someone younger maybe?  

Be ecstatic if we can get rid of Bradley and replace with better. Imagine he’s earning at the top of whatever we’ve given out the past 2 years and at his best he was ‘ok’ last year. Massively disappointing compared to the expectations. Nowhere near Championship level. If someone is willing to take him for free then I’d happy accept. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Be ecstatic if we can get rid of Bradley and replace with better. Imagine he’s earning at the top of whatever we’ve given out the past 2 years and at his best he was ‘ok’ last year. Massively disappointing compared to the expectations. Nowhere near Championship level. If someone is willing to take him for free then I’d happy accept. 

I agree. Must be on a fair whack considering the hype surrounding him when he signed. Was solid at the end, but certainly nowhere near the standard of Cashin or Nelson, maybe even Fozzy. His height is a threat though and that certainly needs replacing.

He was excellent in the run-in, and I wonder if he started to exert his experience as we got to the crunch. However, I'd be a lot more confident if our starting back three was Nyambe, Nelson and Cash.

If the rumours of him being unhappy at not being captain are true, though, he may well be looking to join up with his old boss at another good-sized club in Charlton.

Was speaking to Ben at the weekend. He’s been released by Sheffield United. Ipswich, Stoke, Hull and Middlesbrough are interested. I asked about Derby he said very unlikely as he’d prefer a team likely to be fighting for playoffs or newly promoted to prem. 

Leanardo Da Silva Lopes (25) Portuguese player for Cercle Brugge in Belgium. Out of contract this summer and plays left back or central midfield. They also play high pressing football so would suit us and has played in England before with Hull, gillingham, Wigan and Peterborough. Has played 33 league games this year with 30 starts getting 3 assists and 2 goals.

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Was speaking to Ben at the weekend. He’s been released by Sheffield United. Ipswich, Stoke, Hull and Middlesbrough are interested. I asked about Derby he said very unlikely as he’d prefer a team likely to be fighting for playoffs or newly promoted to prem. 

Nft Lying GIF by SuperVictor

21 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Our sqaud is too thin before we let players go on a free or on the cheap. I think Sonny could do a job in the championship and we may need his physicality in the air.

Bradley would get humiliated in the Champ. He’s only effective when we’re camped in our own box (e.g. vs Stoke pre-season). I’m hoping we won’t be playing like that next season.

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Bradley would get humiliated in the Champ. He’s only effective when we’re camped in our own box (e.g. vs Stoke pre-season). I’m hoping we won’t be playing like that next season.

I don’t remember us being “camped in our own box” that much last season but, if you’re assessment of his ability is correct then, despite what we’re all hoping, surely the reality is that we’re likely to pinned back more next season than we were in league one.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t remember us being “camped in our own box” that much last season but, if you’re assessment of his ability is correct then, despite what we’re all hoping, surely the reality is that we’re likely to pinned back more next season than we were in league one.

honestly, Stoke pre-season is his only convincing display to me, and was one of the few times we did set up like that, and was against a Champ team. So if that’s how we’re going to play like that he’d be useful is suppose.

I don’t mean “pinned back”, I mean literally camped in our own box, which is what we were against Stoke. 

I’m still hopeful we will be competitive enough to not have to play like that.

18 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

honestly, Stoke pre-season is his only convincing display to me, and was one of the few times we did set up like that, and was against a Champ team. So if that’s how we’re going to play like that he’d be useful is suppose.

I don’t mean “pinned back”, I mean literally camped in our own box, which is what we were against Stoke. 

We weren’t literally camped in our own box much last season and I reckon many of us thought he did well once he’d got over his early season disaster. How he fares against Championship opposition is any one’s guess but you could probably say that about most of our players.

32 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Yes, totally agree. When I saw that display I didn't realise it might be the only really good game we'd see from Bradley all season. He was propped up by Nelson and Cashin, who could have coped very well without him.