Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

That’s a good read for everyone. Fulham’s wage bill to get out of the Championship in 21/22 was over £90 million . The average is about £65 million . Who on earth has the nerve to gamble that kind of money ?No wonder Mel lost £200 million trying .

Arthur Okonkwo would be a decent young (22) goalkeeping option on a free from Arsenal.

He spent last season on loan at Wrexham keeping 14 clean sheets. He has had previous successful loan spells at Sturm Graz, 18 games with 6 clean sheets & Crewe with 26 games and 10 clean sheets.

Watching the Wrexham doc it appears them signing him last season was a real coup as he was so highly rated

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Arthur Okonkwo would be a decent young (22) goalkeeping option on a free from Arsenal.

He spent last season on loan at Wrexham keeping 14 clean sheets. He has had previous successful loan spells at Sturm Graz, 18 games with 6 clean sheets & Crewe with 26 games and 10 clean sheets.

Watching the Wrexham doc it appears them signing him last season was a real coup as he was so highly rated

Prefer Uncle Bulgaria.

Swansea have confirmed Nathanael Ogbeta is leaving as a free agent. If Bolton don’t go up (hopefully they don’t) I could see us getting being in for him as I imagine he’ll want a championship move. In his last 2, 6 month loans to league one with Peterborough and Bolton, he’s played 36 games getting 3 goals and 7 assists from left back or left wing back. He’s comfortable in a back 4 or 5 so would suit us perfectly. 

He’d be a great option on a free with good potential. Should it work out we have a good attacking wing back with good sell on potential ina couple of years. 

On 17/05/2024 at 08:55, jimtastic56 said:

David Clowes has made it very clear that he has a 4 year plan to get us settled in the Championship . I wouldn’t expect him to ditch that plan unless we were in trouble . We couldn’t find a buyer at a rock bottom price until DC came in . Let’s not be so quick to ditch him .

Why do you describe it as ‘ditching him’? 

I think the dynamics are:

he’s a willing owner of the stadium which he got for a song. He’s a heroic owner of the club, but it is a potential liability. He can’t fund the club as it needs to be funded to make an assault on the PL. So since he wants the best for the club  he’d welcome some deep American pockets.  

I’d like to see him hold onto the stadium and make a well-deserved profit on it in the longer term; and to do a deal on the club 

as for ‘we couldn’t find a buyer …’, well, covid, EFL sanctions, litigation … everything’s changed. And US investors are getting ever more interested in the eFl ( as you’ve probably read in the press )

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

According to Leigh Curtis warne went to watch a player in Holland last weekend

Yep Warne said that in his post season round up interview. Him and his staff went to Holland and then onto Denmark to watch players.

Going to need a few bodies in midfield and imo need a couple of experienced Champ players, Mowatt and Chalobahs contracts run out at West Brom wages and extensions depending id take either of those.

Suspect PW will have a close eye on the play-off final this afternoon. Might be one or two worth a look who don't fancy another season in L1 👀

Sidenote, but I'm intrigued by the mentions of players being recruited from other countries. It's something we've not done well in recent years, but go back a little further and we've had a stream of brilliant players, most often the kind of mavericks that get bums off seats. A sprinkling of that stardust would be tickety-boo for yours truly.

14 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Swansea have confirmed Nathanael Ogbeta is leaving as a free agent. If Bolton don’t go up (hopefully they don’t) I could see us getting being in for him as I imagine he’ll want a championship move. In his last 2, 6 month loans to league one with Peterborough and Bolton, he’s played 36 games getting 3 goals and 7 assists from left back or left wing back. He’s comfortable in a back 4 or 5 so would suit us perfectly. 

He’d be a great option on a free with good potential. Should it work out we have a good attacking wing back with good sell on potential ina couple of years. 

Funny enough Warne has just been talking about him on sky before the Playoff final. Mentioned his pace (one of Warnes turn ons) and his creativity from wing back. If he has a good game today Warne could definitely be onto him in the coming days.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Any Bolton players you want lads 😂😂

Think your Ogbeta shout is decent. As you mentioned he’s confirmed to be leaving the Swans, 23 years old on a free he’d be a good option alongside Elder down the left which potentially frees Sibley (if he re-signs) to play in midfield/further forward.