Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

33 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

What are the current rules on bringing in foreign players? Since Brexit I was under the assumption that EU players must satisfy certain criteria (such as being full internationals), just like non-EU players. This would narrow down the list of potentials that Warne has been scouting in Denmark and the Netherlands.

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't there some kind of relaxing of the rules for football?

This article seems to sum it up quite well;

https://erkutsogut.com/blog/2023/06/25/recent-changes-to-the-visa-rules-regarding-foreign-players-and-governing-body-endorsements-gbes-in-uk-football/

Post Brexit there was a points system, players from the top leagues in Europe and those with international honours were likely to get the required 15 points to then be allowed to play in the UK, essentially making it ok for the PL sides but harder further down the pyramid. But last season they relaxed the rules a little to make it easier for EU players to qualify for “work permits” so we’re probably in a position to sign some. 

I want us to do our business quickly, not be waiting for the end of the window. The window opens for us on June 10th and it would be great if we have players signed up and agreed by then, or at some point in the first week (the Premier League one opens on the 14th).

For players we want to buy, we give them a cut off date and, if they don't agree, walk away and move to other targets.

The only ones we should inevitably be waiting for at the end of the window are the Premier League loans, which are a whole other kettle of fish.

Tyrese Campbell released by Stoke. Good age, plenty or experience already and has it in his locker to have good seasons.

Plus extend John-Jules' loan, keep Fornah and have monopoly on all the Tyre(e)c/ses in the league!

Or think what have Tyre(e)c/ses ever done for us and try a different name.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rample said:

Tyrese Campbell released by Stoke. Good age, plenty or experience already and has it in his locker to have good seasons.

Plus extend John-Jules' loan, keep Fornah and have monopoly on all the Tyre(e)c/ses in the league!

Think we’re better at relating names and letters to positions rather than just first names.

Centre back = Curtis - Nelson, Davies 

Left wing = Tom - Lawrence, Barkhuizen 

No.10 = first name beginning with M - Matej Vydra, Mason Mount, Max Bird 

Striker = having a C - Collins, Colin Kazim, Chris Martin

Can probably tell I’m derby deprived

Edited by Eoghan1884

Three potential goalkeepers to consider signing on a loan or perm:

Arthur Okonkwo (Arsenal), free agent this summer.

Marek Rodak (Fulham), free agent this summer.

James Beadle (Brighton), offer a loan deal. He's done well on his loan with Sheffield Wednesday this season.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not a snowball in Dante's Inferno's chance.

He goes to a lower Prem/upper Champ club.

I don’t think so he’s only played 53 games in his last 4 seasons for comparison Wildsmith played 54 last season alone. He worked under Warne at Rotherham for 2 seasons aswell on loan happily rejoining them the second season. 

51 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Think we’re better at relating names and letters to positions rather than just first names.

Centre back = Curtis - Nelson, Davies 

Left wing = Tom - Lawrence, Barkhuizen 

No.10 = first name beginning with M - Matej Vydra, Mason Mount, Max Bird 

Striker = having a C - Collins, Colin Kazim, Chris Martin

Can probably tell I’m derby deprived

We've always had a thing of multiple players with the same name turning up. I guess it's a common academy thing with names being popular at certain times. 

I imagine nicknames like Birdy and probably avoid the need for Big Max and Little Max or however they used to separate kids with the same name at school. 

A few recent namesake. 

Max - Lowe, Hunt, Bird, Bardell

Louis/Lewis - Sibley, Watson, Dobbin

Jack - Marriott, Stretton

Jordan - Brown, Ibe

George - Edmundson, Evans

Jayden - Bogle, Mitchell-Lawson.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

JJ's contract at Arsenal expires next month and I can't see them renewing it, so he'll be available on a free.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not a snowball in Dante's Inferno's chance.

He goes to a lower Prem/upper Champ club.

So that includes us then.😉