2024 loans out

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If Klopp had lost the cup yesterday, he wouldn't have been slaughtered by Liverpool fans; if Warne wins a game in a less than convincing fashion, he gets pelters from certain posters here. So why would he gamble?

Chelsea lost with a younger team, that's the irony.

Bradley who impresses, spent time on loan, Clark was signed for 1.5 million, McDonnell was signed from Sunderland academy. All of this is ignored though and just goes to highlight the agenda against PW by some.

52 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

That he isn't ready yet ? He can't even get in the Gateshead team 😳

Not sure what you expect Roy, I really don't, it wasn't long ago Pep was saying Foden wasn't ready for the first team.

Gateshead don't have to gamble they are winning without him. We're not playing at the same level as Liverpool. The talk on the Academy thread is of Cruz Allen being 'watched' by the big boys. Why should he stay? Why will any of our youngsters want to stay?

Brown is considered one of the closest to being ready for our first team, yet can't get into Gateshead's starting team. I confess, I'm a Warne in'er, but because he has the team in second place in the table. I don't "enjoy" many of the games, not for the style of football, I don't think it's that far from Arthur Cox's style. He always said that the team had to earn the right to play to their style. I believe that Warne still hasn't been able to put out a team completely as he sees how it should be. However the thing that really gets my goat is using the very limited game time for the youngsters as a stick to beat him with. They really don't look "ready" to me. Playing for a team lower in the pyramid has to be the way to do it. Have them watched. Let the experts see what they are capable of. Even if they don't pull up any trees in their loan spell it doesn't mean that they won't make it in football. They will learn from the experience. Any way, I've gone off on a verbal ramble. Basically, I don't see any of our current youngsters as being ready just yet. If they're not ready then they're not ready. More importantly the manager doesn't see them as being ready. Yes, Klopp played several youngsters in the cup final, but ONLY because he felt that they were ready. He wouldn't have risked losing a cup final just to give them a taste of it all. Coco played a very young team against Forest, and was never forgiven for it. If there is a player that rips it up whilst on loan then we should be screaming for his inclusion, but we haven't got one yet.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gateshead don't have to gamble they are winning without him. We're not playing at the same level as Liverpool. The talk on the Academy thread is of Cruz Allen being 'watched' by the big boys. Why should he stay? Why will any of our youngsters want to stay?

We are winning without him, you think he is good enough to lead the attack for Derby then fair enough, but he isn't, far from it.

Let's play a kid just to keep a youngster who other clubs are sniffing around, he might be ready but who needs promotion anyway. I think looking at Cashin or Bird shows if you are good enough there are opportunities. 

I don't think I have ever not engaged with anyone on football before, however your tunnel vision with regards to PW seems to have resulted in posts that are just bashing him for the sake of it, so I'll leave you to it from now on 👍

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because they'll still more likely play first team football earlier for us than they will for any PL team, if that's what's important to them. If they make our first team and prove themselves, they'll get signed by a higher ranked team anyway. If they just see DCFC as a stepping stone, they'll leave anyway. 

We involved Kaide Gordon in our first team squad at 16 - he still left before signing a pro contract with us. Playing them early doesn't always change their plans 

I think there’s a good chance that none of those kids (except Bradley) will play many minutes for the rest of the season. Probably a decent bet that they will largely end up plying their trade well below the premier league 

None of them actually did anything to suggest they’re actually good. They just ran around and were played out of necessity 

my point being I don’t think it’s fair to use as a representation of how many youth players should be brought through at any club

(That said, I do think Warne could make more use of the academy than he has this season)

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

Nice goal. Will do wonders for his confidence. First goalm in mens footie and the fact it's a last minute winner. Great sign of composure. 

Was an equaliser, but your point still stands.