2024 loans out

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I do feel bad for Oduroh at Hartlepool who presumably isn't coming back. It felt such a coup when he signed, after skippering the Man City youth team IIRC.

That said, I did wonder if Bates was gone for good too, but maybe this is to give him experience (18, same age as Brown)?

I'll be surprised if Bates is here next season. Despite being a regular starter last season, he's struggled to get much game time ahead of DRobinson, Fapetu, Radcliffe (when fit) and Hawkins this season, nevermind getting close to the first team. We also have central mids from the U18s ready to step up, such as McAndrew and Allen.

Bates is also 20 (not 18)

Gateshead currently 2 - 0 after 30 mins - both set up by Dajaune Brown.

Gateshead commentators saying league scouts there watching Dajaune 

Is he contracted to us after this season or we likely to get mugged again by the big boys academies ?

38 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Is he contracted to us after this season or we likely to get mugged again by the big boys academies ?

It's probably scouts from league 1/2 teams who are scouting for loans next season. We're probably already getting loan offers.

52 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I've got mixed emotions about the final, if Brown plays.

Naturally, I want him to play well, score at Wembley, but Moors are my local team and I play for their walking football teams. Providing we can rearrange a cup game on that day, we'll be taking a coach down.

On 10/04/2024 at 07:56, Mucker1884 said:

Is this Worman fella playing out of merit, or have they just picked him for his name! 😁

It's like having Mick Derby playing for us... or Sammy Sixfinger playing for florist! 🤓

Never understood us not signing Matt Derbyshire early in his career when he was obviously going to become a good player.

I see they rested Brown last night in their 1 nil defeat at home to Aldershot, glad he's not being overworked with them playing 4 games in 8 days!

On a side note, a certain Kwame Thomas scored the only goal, rang a bell, ex academy player, didn't realise from how long ago though as he is 28 now though!