2024 loans out

I imagine a few of the academy lads will be out on loan soon, and this could be a place to keep track of them.

Dajaune Brown came on in the 89th minute for Gateshead in their 0-1 win at Southend, which moved them into the National League playoff places. Let's hope he starts getting a bit more game time soon.

23 hours ago, valakari said:

Why have we sent Brown to Gateshead when they hardly play him??..Get him back.

At least if he goes on loan he should play!

I don't get it !!!! They state that sending a player out on loan to help develop him and get more game time. Lets look at the facts, staying at Derby with better coaches, better training facilities, training with better players and playing with better players, surely this would enhance his career. We had good promising kids at Derby in the past and they go out on loan to a lower league team and their career nosedives. E.G. Jack Stretton to name one that happened recently.

16 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I don't get it !!!! They state that sending a player out on loan to help develop him and get more game time. Lets look at the facts, staying at Derby with better coaches, better training facilities, training with better players and playing with better players, surely this would enhance his career. We had good promising kids at Derby in the past and they go out on loan to a lower league team and their career nosedives. E.G. Jack Stretton to name one that happened recently.

Are their careers nosediving though or is just proof that Derby are making the right decision to let them go?

Struggling to think of many that we have let go that have gone on to higher levels.

13 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Always thought this.  Perhaps a couple of months at a League 2 club/lower League 1 with guaranteed minutes or don't bother.  Only player whose had a boost from it was Sturridge at Torquay.  1 in 30 years.  Better staying and getting a lot of pre season time against good opposition, or 10 appearances in games were you're well ahead.  You can't assess a player for this level, on loan at a level I was pretty much at.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are their careers nosediving though or is just proof that Derby are making the right decision to let them go?

Struggling to think of many that we have let go that have gone on to higher levels.

There aren't many, the difference between U21 and playing in the first team is massive. Very few actually make it, Stretton is another example of someone who looked good at that level because it's not really competitive.

Can't understand the fascination for a 18 year old leading your line in a promotion charge who has no experience, why not send him out to prove what he can do. If he starts scoring for fun, you then have a player who can be recalled that is on top of his game and full of confidence.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Emil Riis currently plays for Preston. Callum Guy has been very impressive in the last few seasons, albeit mostly in League 2 

Arguably Morgan Whittaker has gone on to show us he’s worth more than we thought but the club might argue selling him was a good option at the time.

Can't think of any other obvious ones tbf 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was referring to Dajaune Brown who is under contract until June 2026, so that suggests he's rated by someone at the club. But I think in my opinion sending out a talented youngster on loan to a lesser club is'nt going to make him improve. If anything they go backwards in their development due to being with an inferior club with no where near the same facilities as his parent club.

31 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I was referring to Dajaune Brown who is under contract until June 2026, so that suggests he's rated by someone at the club. But I think in my opinion sending out a talented youngster on loan to a lesser club is'nt going to make him improve. If anything they go backwards in their development due to being with an inferior club with no where near the same facilities as his parent club.

If this is the case then why does every club in the football pyramid do it? We've benefited from some exceptional loans over the years who have come in, performed for us and then gone back to their parent clubs with greater experience, confidence and improved abilities.

The fact that most of the players we've loaned out haven't gone and performed like this suggests more that they aren't great players rather than the concept of loaning out youngsters being a bad idea generally, which is what you seem to suggest. 

Also there is benefit in youngsters going out, gaining some independence, testing themselves, building bonds with new team mates etc. If they seize the opportunity, absorb it and learn from it should all help them to mature and develop resilience beyond just getting minutes on the pitch.

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Like when Dean Sturridge went to Torquay?

David Beckham to Preston maybe?

The quality of a teams facilities should not really affect the quality of a player in my opinion.