2024 loans out

On 03/03/2024 at 09:47, 8Leeds said:

Big, powerful and pacey.

Hopefully this loan will do his development the world of good and he’ll be around the squad next year.

I love a homegrown player 

I can see him becoming a real asset for the club. He has a lot of attributes that would be really useful to have around the first team. However, I hope the club put his development first rather than putting him in and around the first team to cover any poor recruitment. Perhaps it would be good to have him on loan to a league 2 club to gradually expose him to better quality players. Having seen some national league games this season I have seen a lot of poor defending. Maybe a loan spell to a team like Chesterfield, who create lots of chances, in league 2 would be a good next step.

I also think it would be good to be giving Darren Robinson a spell out on loan to experience first team football, rather than playing in the u21s.

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's almost like by giving him minutes in senior football, he's starting to find his feet and earn himself more minutes.  Amazing.  Who'd have thunk it...

...at a level where his ability gives him an advantage. He should come back stronger from the experience and be an asset to the first team squad next season.

3 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

He reminds me a little of a young Cameron Jerome

For me he reminds me more of Michael Ricketts when he was at Bolton. Has the physicality to be 9 when he wants but has the movement of a 10 to drag defenders out. 

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's almost like by giving him minutes in senior football, he's starting to find his feet and earn himself more minutes.  Amazing.  Who'd have thunk it...

You're right, and given he's not looked capable of stepping up to League 1 level yet, sending him to the National League was an absolute masterclass by Warne. I'm glad you've shone a light on the brilliant decision-making by our manager when it directly contributes positively to the development of our youngsters, good to see! 👏

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Skip to 37 seconds for Brown's goal

Do they have a dubious goals panel at that level? I’m almost certain Dananga stole that

On 26/02/2024 at 17:11, RoyMac5 said:

"...And with Martyn Waghorn expected to play some part against Charlton tomorrow, when asked if recalling Brown was an option, he said: "No not really.

"It would be too much for him. It is a big leap to go from there to leading our frontline. Respectfully to Daj I just think Nat has a better understanding.

"I just think that if the opposition saw the team sheet of Brown up top or Mendez-Laing, I just think the latter has more to give as does Tom Barkhuizen to be fair. And I don't think it's fair on the kid to throw him into that."

So was it fair for Liverpool to throw on a load of kids at Wembley. It was obviously to big an occasion for them because they went on to win the cup!

The only time we have benefitted from youngsters coming though in recent years is when Mel threw his toys out of the pram. Yet we regularly watch teams with a whole crop of youngsters doing well, but not at Derby, apparently.