Max Bird - flew the coop to Bristol City, loaned to us to end of season

Arsene Titman

3 hours ago, David said:

Reached this post and yeah, that’s the thought here. No need to read on.

Lads out of contract, wants out and we get a fee, great.

That loan though, could turn nasty as he’s been getting some pelters already.

Bird and Knight was the midfield 2 I wanted to see, if I’m honest though, Knight felt a bigger loss. That’s not to say it’s always a bit sad to see an academy player leave.

We’ll move on though.

Yes, Bird and Knight moving on to an average Ch'ship club and that's probably their level. Nevertheless, both a loss to Derby County, since we are not replacing them with equal, never mind superior players. 

30 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

At least Cocu gave us some hope for our future with excellent work bringing academy players through, rather than prioritising his own skin over the club's future.

At least Rowett gave us, errrm I dunno (these are stretches!)...  the spectacle of seeing the absolute best of Vydra, Huddlestone's homecoming and the signing of future Derby hero in Curtis Davies while trying to get promoted to the top league.

I'm glad though that we're getting somewhere to being on course toward "The Rotherham Way" under Warne.  

Tbh this all feels more like Billy Davies era cobbling together wins with a trusted formula, i remember going to Preston on New Years day and scratting our way to such a terrible away win & suddenly thinking to myself my god this shower of s**** could actually go up!

Dont remember much hope for our future seeing that Cocuball going side to side across the defence and the ensuing Booing!

Edited by Steadybreeze

8 hours ago, Steadybreeze said:

Tbh this all feels more like Billy Davies era cobbling together wins with a trusted formula, i remember going to Preston on New Years day and scratting our way to such a terrible away win & suddenly thinking to myself my god this shower of s**** could actually go up!

Dont remember much hope for our future seeing that Cocuball going side to side across the defence and the ensuing Booing!

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

The difference between this an the BD era is that, IMO, he harnessed the us against them attitude and we  were a proper team, we believed in each other, we were  better than them even if they didn't know it!

Whereas Warne is more like... Oh well one day we may be able to be as good as them, but until then, go out and give it your all, gas out, prove we're as good as them.

Cocuball required everyone to buy into the long term strategy but results and performances ultimately lead to the patience running out due to exactly that,  boredom coupled with poor performances. I would never argue that when he left, it was due.

I think we're essentially seeing the opposite of that under Warne.

Buy into the short term and f*** the future.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

I liked Max, but having watched Knight go there and captain them, it’s hard to see how he won’t have thought the grass is greener. Even if we went up, he’s probably better served elsewhere with a fresh start after everything we’ve been through.

There’s little doubt he struggled to have a big impact in a lot of games and he doesn’t carry huge stats either, so let’s hope however we replace in the summer can do that. 

Kinda funny though watching Bristol cobble together a midfield which wasn’t that great for us all over again. 

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The difference between this an the BD era is that, IMO, he harnessed the us against them attitude, but we are a team, we believe in each other, we are better than them!

Whereas Warne is more like... Oh well one day we may be able to be as good as them, but until then, go out and give it your all, gas out, prove we're as good as them.

Cocuball required everyone to buy into the long term strategy but results and performances ultimately lead to the patience running out due to exactly that,  boredom coupled with poor performances. I would never argue that when he left, it was due.

Yeah i see the BD comparison but it looked like we were building that under Warne until the other week, there seemed a genuine confidence building in the team (and god forbid the fans as well!!). Cocu just wanted to play a style of football that wasnt suited to the players we had or the league we were in, i dont think he ever fully understood what was needed in the Championship. Just seemed to spend his whole tenure scratching his head wondering where he was.

Warne for all his sins is getting a tune out of Nelson, who Cardiff fans said was just a nothing footballer,not a single person on the forum was arsed he was leaving. Same with NML whos having his best couple of seasons ever...and also more impressively Collins who's limited, done nowt for a few seasons but is playing out of his skin. This feels just like the Davies or Rowett seasons to me, just depends on luck end of the day

8 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The difference between this an the BD era is that, IMO, he harnessed the us against them attitude and we  were a proper team, we believed in each other, we were  better than them even if they didn't know it!

Buy into the short term and f*** the future.

Warne has one job, to get us out of this league.

It doesn't have to be pretty.

3 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Warne for all his sins is getting a tune out of Nelson, who Cardiff fans said was just a nothing footballer,not a single person on the forum was arsed he was leaving. Same with NML whos having his best couple of seasons ever...and also more impressively Collins who's limited, done nowt for a few seasons but is playing out of his skin. This feels just like the Davies or Rowett seasons to me, just depends on luck end of the day

Nelson, NML and Collins are all ex-Cardiff.  Maybe it’s a good sign for Adams!

(I’m clutching at straws here!)

21 minutes ago, ramit said:

Warne has one job, to get us out of this league.

It doesn't have to be pretty.

It doesn't have to be pretty but it's becoming clearer by the day that he has to at the very least produce a team which LOOKS like a team, and not just a collection of individuals who scrape by by the very fact that those individuals have more quality than the opposition.

That's even more important when/if your finances don't match others.

It's the sort of thing you make up for with a managerial appointment, or some other way of giving yourself an advantage over the opposition.

We seem to be doing everything in our power to hand the advantage over to others.

Edited by May Contain Nuts