Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I can't remember us ever playing Man City on a Boxing Day.

That was November 1989, and I remember it well because I was driving up from Southampton where I was living at the time and got a blow-out on the M27. I had to change the tyre in the pouring rain and dried out at the folks' house before the match 😁

Funny what the memories of  an 11yo are!! It must have been the 6-0 in November. Just felt like Christmas 🎄 

Brilliant news. Absolutely vital signing, genuinely probably the most important one we needed to make this window. He is the absolute lynchpin of our side and the key man in our midfield rebuild. Definitely getting there in that area now, but still a couple more signings needed in the centre of the park - one more defensive midfielder to control possession and replace Bird, and one more attacking midfielder to provide the goal threat and creativity we’re currently lacking (that Louie Sibley at Oxford looks good…).

Good to see the initial fee at least isn’t quite as initially reported too. £500k is more reasonable for Adams, though I suspect add ons / instalments could still see it rise to £1m.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Brilliant news. Absolutely vital signing, genuinely probably the most important one we needed to make this window. He is the absolute lynchpin of our side and the key man in our midfield rebuild. Definitely getting there in that area now, but still a couple more signings needed in the centre of the park - one more defensive midfielder to control possession and replace Bird, and one more attacking midfielder to provide the goal threat and creativity we’re currently lacking (that Louie Sibley at Oxford looks good…).

Good to see the initial fee at least isn’t quite as initially reported too. £500k is more reasonable for Adams, though I suspect add ons / instalments could still see it rise to £1m.

Would still love us to get Aasgard from Wigan.

I think he would get 8-10 goals in our team.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I can't remember us ever playing Man City on a Boxing Day.

That was November 1989, and I remember it well because I was driving up from Southampton where I was living at the time and got a blow-out on the M27. I had to change the tyre in the pouring rain and dried out at the folks' house before the match 😁

I remember that game. We smashed them for 6 and it could easily have been double that. We were absolutely unplayable that afternoon. Wright, Saunders, Goddard, McMinn, they ran riot.

3 hours ago, R@M said:

Funny what the memories of  an 11yo are!! It must have been the 6-0 in November. Just felt like Christmas 🎄 

That's the one. Ted mcminn was on fire and turned Gary Fleming inside out and up side down.

City were never in it at all.

Those couple of seasons under Arthur Cox we were excellent.

Teams like Liverpool held to a draw.

Everton turned over when Goddard beat Southall with the best chip over ever seen outside of Nicky's fish bar in the spot.

Phil Gee with the thunderbolt against Arsenal when the gunners  had gone one up and we went on to win. Georgie Williams ran his heart out to try and stop Arsenal scoring .

Mark Wright obliterating I think it's was Trevor Putney in front of the dug outs.

Gazza sent off for Newcastle  coz he got played off the park.

Ferguson saying that we were the best side United had played .

Then rushing home to get the green um to read about it.

All the scorers in bold letters!!!!!

These are some of the best derby memories . But there have been countless others too.

I Truly hope the manager and board know what this club means to we the fans 

4 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

I remember that game. We smashed them for 6 and it could easily have been double that. We were absolutely unplayable that afternoon. Wright, Saunders, Goddard, McMinn, they ran riot.

Are you sure?.  Man City are a European giant and can't possibly be a side destroyed by Derby who didn't win anything for 45 years

34 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

If I'd put Val Kilner would you have called him a jar head ? ........was only playing word games

You certainly are as it's Val Kilmer 😁