Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

We only have one way of playing- everyone knows it. Hence all you have to do is stop us giving the ball out wide and moving upfield on the flanks. It’s the old Einstein statement (and I’m paraphrasing) about not being able to expect different results if u keep on making the same mistakes- ie do things differently if u want to change the outcomes. Quite clearly something that PW doesn’t understand.

But u also have to question the players…. It’s as if they have never played football as a team game before…. Basic stuff unable to be done.

Quite amazing to watch how bad we have become. Seriously depressing.

We’ll was expecting to see some sort of reaction after Tuesday performance but that first half was bloody terrible, midfield absolutely nowhere near good enough might aswell not of been on the pitch, slow movement poor passes don’t even look attacking at all, so boring and Dull very disappointing 

8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’ve no idea but I still enjoy watching him for the most part (his frustrating free kicks he gives away apart). Think he’s one of the few players we’ve got that can take a ball past a player in tight spaces. Doesn’t rely on pace. 

Feel like he’ll never make it here though - too many managers used him as a utility player. Will watch with interest where ever he ends up next though. 

He is probably looking at Whittaker thinking with a little envy.

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

He constantly seems to shoot the second he’s anyways central in the final third when there Is better options available. Don’t mind players getting shots off but majority of the time it’s blocked by a player a yard or two in front and a wasted attack. 

At least he shoots. I wish others on the team would too

Just now, Topram said:

We’ll was expecting to see some sort of reaction after Tuesday performance but that first half was bloody terrible, midfield absolutely nowhere near good enough might aswell not of been on the pitch, slow movement poor passes don’t even look attacking at all, so boring and Dull very disappointing 

Unfortunately I agree with every word.

The most formless,  half arsed performance since... well Tues!

Worse than earlier in the season. 

The wheels need putting back on. Hourihane and Bird are just walking around.  

Just horrible this week. 

Needs addressing at half time urgently.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Hope they get a rocket at half time. Can we just take the shackles off them and let them play to their strengths? Do something different. Please. I beg.

I worry Warne has lost the dressing room and it's unsalvageable

Senior players should be going straight to Clowes and demanding Warne goes 

HT seriously poor and the players leave to boos.

Completely outwitted tactically. 

They are doubling up on us in wide areas, so what do we do……….keep playing it wide as quickly as possible.

Sibley, Nelson and Cash are ok but the rest very poor.

We need to mix our play, Chelts know what we’re going to do and are managing us well.