Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

The movement from Cheltenham is so much better than us, we are static, the hope is there but the eyes don't lie up to now

Agreed. The lack of movement in our forward line is abysmal. I've also been watching Hourihane closely. He makes his pass, then doesn't make himself available to take it back. Passes, then just lazily walks around a bit. Did it early on to Wilson and left him isolated in the corner. There's no work for each other. Just lots of walking, standing still, and hoping someone else does all the graft.

Edited by oodledoodle

Cheltenham are a team of players who were so bad it took about 11 games to score their first goal. Their budget will be peanuts and yet under this new gaffer they’re playing above the sum of the parts. 

Our players are capable of so much more. Give them a canvas and plan to go and do it on. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Surely a smart counter would be to stick one of the cms on and attack through the middle?

Reckon Warney will work that out by about the 87th min and act?

He will work that out when he’s no longer our manager. I can’t remember the last time we created a goal through the middle 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sibley giving away that foul with their defender running absolutely nowhere is the reason why he probably won’t make it here. Fans just won’t forgive that lack of intelligence. 

Oh they will some see him as a first team starter!!!! 
 obviously hes not being allowed to play in his favourite position bless him

Am I right in thinking we've got no strikers on the bench? Awful.

As per usual, we look so empty and lost in the middle of the park. No life, no fight, no physicality, we're a midfield of turn the ball over players. No real defensive ones, no certified ACM's, just all the same variety of player. 

We are however, growing into the game, but I really think we need a striker and a proper CDM before the window shuts