January Reinforcements

sage

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We absolutely need a striker having sent Brown out on loan. There's only three hours to go. If we were hoping for Ennis, as we should have been, but he's now gone, we should be ready with a back up. And I'm sure Reading will be grateful for the cash for Sam Smith. That's the obvious deal to get done as we simply need a body in the building, and it's way better than paying massively over the odds for some Sheff Wed has-been.

When have we ever done the obvious and seemingly correct thing?

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite surprised to hear that we were apparently in for the famously very injury prone Niall Ennis. Can’t say Blackburn fans seem too disappointed to see the back of him. 

We actively seek value in players with injuries at the moment, so it’s not surprise really. 

18 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

So not great news unfortunately, Niall Ennis was the player booked in today for a loan to buy. However he got a late bid and looks to be off to Stoke. Can only imagine we are scrambling around to find someone 

Welcome to Derby, Lee Gregory!

Just now, McMuffin said:

If we have got £2M for Bird surly that would be enough to get Langstaff no?

I've got a friend who's a Middlesbrough fan and he said their version of Big Trav has said they've had a bid rejected for Langstaff. So if Boro can't agree a suitable fee after just receiving a huge chunk from the Rogers sale, we'd probably struggle to find the funds Notts are looking for unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've got a friend who's a Middlesbrough fan and he said their version of Big Trav has said they've had a bid rejected for Langstaff. So if Boro can't agree a suitable fee after just receiving a huge chunk from the Rogers sale, we'd probably struggle to find the funds Notts are looking for unfortunately.

That’s a shame and also amazing how Notts county can get better deals for there players than we ever have. Huddleston, Hughes, Knight to name a few. 😢

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

There’s only ONE BIG TRAV……..and Simmo 😉

40 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

For me they were the favourites before any new signings, he just makes them better.

Yeah I keep hearing how January is a tough window, everyone wants a striker etc. Collins be a great signing for us. Genuinely unsure what excuses we’ll have when restrictions expire in the summer.