January Reinforcements

sage

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you happy enough for us to spend another season in the third division 🤔 There is a balance here.

I'd be happy enough to spend a third season here if it guaranteed we didn't return for another 40+ years.

I'd be gutted if we wasted money on a short term fix that failed, ate into our budget for next season and lead us to having more than 3 seasons at this level!

17 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I’d be amazed if we got £2.5m for bird! Genuinely hope so but really don’t see it.

Before we get too exited . Remember we are losing £3-£6 million a season and we have too be careful. Didn’t see us spend the Jason Knight money .

9 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

In my View we have just shot promotion straight in the foot .

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Im all for Clowes i dont want him spending silly money ( lesson learned ) 

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! . But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

I have always been a Warne fan think he is a grwat bloke doing a good job in still some fairly difficult circumstances but i think he has totally shot us in the foot here for going up , why he couldnt see off loading bird and getting a decent striker in is beyond me . We wont make autos now and i doubt we will win a playoff as derby sides are known for bottling it when the time comes . 

Put my tin hat on but its how i feel right now .

Just cant believe we havent got a striker in and we only have one fit that everyone is not convinced about , and neither am i .

Just had Warne on the phone around 3 hours ago he read my post and said you know what nottsrammy your right i will get rid of bird as soon as i put the phone down on you and go get us a striker  🙂  🙂 🙂

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

Peterborough have recalled the ex chesterfield striker I have a funny feeling JCH will be the player by 11pm  

I very much doubt this too. P’Boro won’t help a rival out unless it’s at a massive premium. Wouldn’t be worth it. 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Before we get too exited . Remember we are losing £3-£6 million a season and we have too be careful. Didn’t see us spend the Jason Knight money .

I know, that’s why I don’t get some people’s slow progression option. Getting out of this league the quickest way to being profitable. 
Ultimately we can’t be afraid of transfers though, it’s a huge part of football. 

Just now, Dartmouth Ram said:

Shouldn't we be looking to take advantage of the Reading fire sale? Sam Smith would be great forward option and he's had good season so far.

Played really well against us and definitely a Warne player

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Peterborough have recalled the ex chesterfield striker I have a funny feeling JCH will be the player by 11pm  

I’d be very happy with this compared to smith or Gregory.

was talk of Charlton for about £300k? Would be worth that

JCH   
Smith   
Knibbs   
Langstaff

All realistic options if it’s £2m for Bird.

Cant see JCH coming because we’re competing for the same prize. But if we end up with Gregory or a codger in similar vein then questions should be asked.