January Reinforcements

sage

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Young strikers from Norwich and Brighton I’ve heard recently 

plus exploring championship players with few minutes - Gregory , Juke , Joseph at Leeds, and Maja at West Brom are some of the names I’ve heard.

Oxford guy has been allegedly concentrating on summer recruitment. 

Sounds like any name will do then 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

He looks like a technically decent player and he's mobile and stuff, but he just seems to have no awareness of what's going on around him.  He gets caught in possession a lot when we have the ball, and he lets players run off him when we don't have it.  And both of those things are absolutely suicidal given the way we play.

About sums up why you don’t get selected 

Pretty certain we are not one of the clubs who are in for him, but this guy would be a good signing for the future. He’s going to be a Championship defender (at least) in the coming seasons:

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If we put one in when we sold him maybe ?

Since we sold him during admin, we would have sold him for the best up front fee we could get. I doubt there will be a sell-on. However, we will be entitled to a modest 1% of any fee due to FIFA's Solidarity Contribution scheme - essenitally 0.5% for every season at the club before the end of the season a player turns 23 (0.25% per season between the ages of 12 and 15). This only applies when a player transfers from one country to another.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since we sold him during admin, we would have sold him for the best up front fee we could get. I doubt there will be a sell-on. However, we will be entitled to a modest 1% of any fee due to FIFA's Solidarity Contribution scheme - essenitally 0.5% for every season at the club before the end of the season a player turns 23 (0.25% per season between the ages of 12 and 15). This only applies when a player transfers from one country to another.

That sir is good knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How do you know all this stuff. 🤣 I can just bout remember my password for my phone 

5 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

In my View we have just shot promotion straight in the foot .

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Im all for Clowes i dont want him spending silly money ( lesson learned ) 

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! . But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

I have always been a Warne fan think he is a grwat bloke doing a good job in still some fairly difficult circumstances but i think he has totally shot us in the foot here for going up , why he couldnt see off loading bird and getting a decent striker in is beyond me . We wont make autos now and i doubt we will win a playoff as derby sides are known for bottling it when the time comes . 

Put my tin hat on but its how i feel right now .

Just cant believe we havent got a striker in and we only have one fit that everyone is not convinced about , and neither am i .

Bird and Hourihane are ineffective because they are "footballers" having to operate without a ball-winner working with them, and because they are outnumbered, and because Warned sets the team up to render them ineffective! Our new boy should put that right, but only if Warned plays him with Bird and Hourihane as a midfield three. If he sticks with a two, there will be little change.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

About sums up why you don’t get selected 

I think he could probably get away with it more in other systems.  Put him in a more possession-heavy system for example, and he gets caught on the ball less often as he's always going to have more passing options to move it to quickly.  Plus we probably get counter-attacked on a lot less if we're keeping the ball (instead of the mad, stretched, end-to-end stuff we see at times) so he gets exposed less that way too.

It's looks like another case of panic-signing a player that doesn't really seem to fit what we want in anything other than the most basic way (he's a midfielder that runs around a lot, he'll do etc etc).

43 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pretty certain we are not one of the clubs who are in for him, but this guy would be a good signing for the future. He’s going to be a Championship defender (at least) in the coming seasons:

How low can we go? Joe Low low?

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

By forgetting all the useful stuff I need to remember for work and whatever my wife told me last night  😅

Are you infact Rammie? Youre knowledge of the inner workings of derby is abit suspicious