January Reinforcements

sage

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Does he go on a free still if we offer him a new contract? Not sure if it would go to tribunal? Genuinely not sure.

I'd just assumed he's refused to sign a new contract so runs his old one out.

He's played for the first team for 5 years or so.... therefore I didn't think that a tribunal would be involved.

But like you, I'm not 100% on all of that.

48 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Joe Ward playing for the 21s tonight. That for me makes me believe he is the player on the way out.

I would say the opposite. If we were trying to look him out, would we risk an injury just days before the window closes? He hasn't had much football for months, so this game (several days before our next fixture) is thr perfect time for him to build up some fitness. He also played a couple of weeks ago, alongside Fornah and Sibley.

I would hedge my bets on Fornah being on the way out. Less than 30 minutes of league football since Christmas. Started 1 other game in thr Cup and brought off at half time. Not even named in the first team squad 4 times. The fact he isn't in this U21 game to build up much needed fitness suggests something is up 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would say the opposite. If we were trying to look him out, would we risk an injury just days before the window closes? He hasn't had much football for months, so this game (several days before our next fixture) is thr perfect time for him to build up some fitness. He also played a couple of weeks ago, alongside Fornah and Sibley.

I would hedge my bets on Fornah being on the way out. Less than 30 minutes of league football since Christmas. Started 1 other game in thr Cup and brought off at half time. Not even named in the first team squad 4 times. The fact he isn't in this U21 game to build up much needed fitness suggests something is up 

Fornah was ill as Paul Warne said to bbc radio derby. And when he returned to training recently he also posted himself saying thank god I am back fit and healthy. With that same argument if he wanted to get Fornah out would he play him in a high intensity dog fight of a league one match. He probably isn’t trying to force anyone out the door. But the fact he’s happy to let Ward go play for the 21s again suggests to me he’s not to pushed on him.

57 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd just assumed he's refused to sign a new contract so runs his old one out.

He's played for the first team for 5 years or so.... therefore I didn't think that a tribunal would be involved.

But like you, I'm not 100% on all of that.

We are due substantial development compensation hence why low ball offers are being refused. 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

You do know we are 3 points from the top of the league with a game in hand.

I think we're level on games. Bolton, with their games in hand and potentially getting Collins plus their grind out a result mentality, I can't see them falling out the top 2 and Peterborough just look a much more and organised side than us.   If we beat Bolton and Portsmouth maybe. 

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

Just now, Premier ram said:

Beginning to think we are not going to be getting any more signings this window, really don’t think we have enough funds available for the type of player/players we need , really hope I’m wrong and Warney gets what he wants

I really hope Paul Warne can get a couple in .

I hope he gets us promoted this season as he deserves it IMO for his drive and efforts 

15 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

George Byers looks like he could be off to Blackpool. Wednesday fans were waxing lyrical about him last season and at 27 you’d think he’d fit perfectly into our midfield. He’s out of contract at the end of the season as well. 

Another player who can't stay fit. Not someone we should be targetting

47 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

In our heads - We are massive with massive crowds - we can buy who we like . David Clowes knows we are losing £300k a month - we are potless . 

If wages are 45% of turnover, how on earth are we losing 300k a month?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I think losses will be double that. Wages roughly 60% of turnover

Christ, you think we're losing £7m+ per year?

I'm not doubting you, by the way, I'm just stunned that the figure could possibly be that high.