January Reinforcements

sage

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If we were to lose Bird, I wonder how cheap we could get Charlie Savage. It looks like Reading are going to need to sell in January and I think long term Savage is going to be a great player.

I would also sign a midfielder in the age bracket of 25-28 aswell to bolster our options with the bird money. As I said before my pick would be Crowley from notts county.

another few steals from reading would be one of or both of Harvey Knibbs and Sam Smith. Both which would improve our front 3 options. 

Noticed smith has started scoring goals lately.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Wonder if we'll go back in for Bobby Clark at Liverpool. Was supposed to sign on loan on deadline day but Klopp blocked it to have him around the first team. Don't think he's played for them though so not sure of that logic.

Yes, worth another cheeky bid to get on loan

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If we were to lose Bird, I wonder how cheap we could get Charlie Savage. It looks like Reading are going to need to sell in January and I think long term Savage is going to be a great player.

I would also sign a midfielder in the age bracket of 25-28 aswell to bolster our options with the bird money. As I said before my pick would be Crowley from notts county.

another few steals from reading would be one of or both of Harvey Knibbs and Sam Smith. Both which would improve our front 3 options. 

Charlie Savage is in his 1st year of a 4 year contract. If Reading are in financial poo they could let him go for peanuts.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Wonder if we'll go back in for Bobby Clark at Liverpool. Was supposed to sign on loan on deadline day but Klopp blocked it to have him around the first team. Don't think he's played for them though so not sure of that logic.

And then went for Embleton after, didn't we? So whether it's Clark or someone else, you'd think filling Embleton's place will be filled again asap.

8 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Charlie Kirk just been released from Charlton

Screenshot_20231221-000213_X.jpg

55 goal contributions in 3 seasons for Crewe prior to joining Charlton. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out for him there, but there's still a chance for him to kick-start his career at 25. I can't see him making the step up to the Championship so I doubt we'll be in for him, but equally, I think he'd be a reasonable option on the left wing to keep other players fresh.

londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-transfer-chief-hoping-incoming-business-will-help-to-tie-down-blackett-taylor-and-dobson/

Two very good players at Charlton with contracts expiring in the summer. Blackett-Taylor has been mentioned quite a bit, but Dobson's their skipper and has always looked a very solid holding midfielder from what I've seen. Could do the role Hourihane is currently and allow CH to play further up perhaps.

Ronan Curtis, formerly of Pompey and often linked in the past, is returning from injury and training with L2 Wimbledon. Could be risky but he seemed to have talent. Seems a bit of a "Tom Lawrence" figure among Pompey fans, divided on how much they rated him

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

At first I thought he was just down playing expectation but seems he really doesn’t think it’ll be a good January 

I still think he’s downplaying expectations, a couple of sensible signings to strengthen the midfield and attack, ideally keep hold of Cashin (probably on loan) and Bird until the summer where we’ll be sure of our promotion and can sign Bird to a new deal whilst wishing Cash well on his premier league adventure