Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So now I can't understand why Clowes didn't give the job to Rosenior. He's willing to let us be abysmal under Warne under the belief he'll give us stability, and eventually promote us. A man who I don't think gives a monkey's for this club - he said he didn't care for our history. 

Rosenior who stuck with us through awful times, who had us playing some great football and some dull (not awful, just dull) stuff too. Why didn't Mr Clowes appreciate what he'd already committed to the Club and give him a chance?

There’s only one man who can fully clarify that for you Roy.
Speculating on what’s been said in various interviews so far my own interpretation of his rationale links to Warne’s experience of promotions from this league. Also perhaps Clowes felt it was “safer” to back experience during the early recovery of the club from near death trauma. I also recall comments about changing the culture of the club, so perhaps felt a reset was needed and as much as Rosenior was committed and well thought of, he was present and part of everything that had gone on previously so I can see rationale there for wanting a “fresh start” (backed up by the refresh of academy staff also). That links to the inevitable question of why Pearce is still here, it makes sense for there to have been some continuity in the business side of the club to help recover from the chaos, even though he was complicit in it all. 

Hindsight is both a wonderful and terrible thing, currently I can see a clear argument that keeping Rosenior and backing him MAY have been a better course of action, but that’s not what happened and going on the, admittedly, assumptions I’ve made about Clowes rationale I can’t argue with his thinking in that moment. 

EDIT - forgot I’d highlighted a bit of your post in bold, I feel you (and others) are misrepresenting that particular comment from Warne. It was made in context of how the club’s storied history has no immediate bearing on the present performance, which is accurate in my opinion. He did not say flat out that he doesn’t care for our history. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So now I can't understand why Clowes didn't give the job to Rosenior. He's willing to let us be abysmal under Warne under the belief he'll give us stability, and eventually promote us. A man who I don't think gives a monkey's for this club - he said he didn't care for our history. 

Rosenior who stuck with us through awful times, who had us playing some great football and some dull (not awful, just dull) stuff too. Why didn't Mr Clowes appreciate what he'd already committed to the Club and give him a chance?

A young, progressive Manager, good communicator and with a clear idea and plan of what he wanted his team to do….yep, I would take that 😊

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So now I can't understand why Clowes didn't give the job to Rosenior. 

WTAF! 

You did nothing but slag Rosenior off, along with anyone who who expressed the opinion he should be given time. I love how you've now completely reinvented history so that you get to pour scorn on the guy who saved our f****** club. 

You were also THE prime cheerleader for the Warne revolution and that's not forgotten either. It's all there in black and white if your memories is failing you! 🤣

Edited by Comrade 86

43 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Nobody’s forcing you too

True. I’ll spend the £3500 I’ll save on something actually enjoyable next season. 
You can continue to endure Warneball as we drift along in League One midtable obscurity for years. 

Edited by Jayram

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

WTAF! 

You did nothing but slag Rosenior off, along with anyone who who expressed the opinion he should be given time. I love how you've now completely reinvented history so that you get to pour scorn on the guy who saved our f****** club. 

You were also THE prime cheerleader for the Warne revolution and that's not forgotten either. It's all there in black and white if your memories is failing you! 🤣

You deliberately missed the point. My memory isn't failing me. I said some of Roseniors football was dull, the passing along the back line for example. I thought Warne would be a good choice for immediate promotion from the league - I was wrong.

So my point was if Warne's awful football, which might possibly fail again to get us promotion, is acceptable to Clowes. Why couldn't he give that same, opportunity to fail, to Rosenior who played decent football much of the time and who committed himself to the Club in terrible times?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet for all of their Championship experience they ended up at a League One club.

How many times have you watched the Stevenage midfield play out of interest?

Or is it just a case of we are Derby County, our players must be better than theirs?

If our players aren't better than theirs, you have to ask why. That's either poor recruitment, or poor coaching.

If you don't actually believe they have better players, then it's down to being unable to motivate the players, bad tactics, or the players being incapable of playing those tactics (see also bad recruitment).

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well thats completely subjective.

For me unless you're staring relegation in the face I don't think its too much to ask for a manager to be given a whole season with his own players.

I’d argue in the fact I would be behind warne if I could see an improvement and clear identity. The same Paul warne who players turned down championship moves to Rotherham to sign for Liam Rosen or in league 1 on less money says it all. 

the summer transfer window looks rushed and I have no idea what the plan was with the recruitment it just felt rushed or get anybody in to make up numbers. 

also anyone who harps on about spending fees in the window most league 1 clubs didn’t spend a penny but the Barnsley’s portsmouths oxfords Bolton Peterborough have all improved while in would say we’ve gone the other way. If it wasn’t for mcgoldrick towards the end of last season the run and table finish would have been a lot worse 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If our players aren't better than theirs, you have to ask why. That's either poor recruitment, or poor coaching.

If you don't actually believe they have better players, then it's down to being unable to motivate the players, bad tactics, or the players being incapable of playing those tactics (see also bad recruitment).

So under what circumstances could Stevenage have better players than us?

6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

True. I’ll spend the £3500 I’ll save on something actually enjoyable next season. 
You can continue to endure Warneball as we drift along in League One midtable obscurity for years. 

You talk about L1 mid table obscurity and it's not unique for a club of Derby County's stature to get stuck in the 3rd tier for a number of years. It's probably defined by the circumstances of a clubs demise and the associated financial fallout. So in Derby's situation, 3,4 or 5 seasons in L1 is not beyond the realms of possibility. The owner might be taking a pragmatic approach and accepting this, hence being willing to give Warne a lot of time without too many expectations other than sustaining a mid table position and hoping for some good fortune in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

So your just guessing then

Yes, I'm just guessing. It would take an expert analysis for someone to observe than Derby have a bigger budget than Burton, Cheltenham, Northampton, Carlisle, Fleetwood, Leyton Orient, Shrewsbury and Stevenage. Very smart take. When Clowes said we had a competitive budget he clearly meant with those teams and not the top ones. Obviously. Use common sense. 

Edited by Andicis

3 minutes ago, europia said:

You talk about L1 mid table obscurity and it's not unique for a club of Derby County's stature to get stuck in the 3rd tier for a number of years. It's probably defined by the circumstances of a clubs demise and the associated financial fallout. So in Derby's situation, 3,4 or 5 seasons in L1 is not beyond the realms of possibility. The owner might be taking a pragmatic approach and accepting this, hence being willing to give Warne a lot of time without too many expectations other than sustaining a mid table position and hoping for some good fortune in the future. 

Why would you sign a 'promotion expert' only to accept it'll take lots of time?

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes, I'm just guessing. It would take an expert analysis for someone to observe than Derby have a bigger budget than Burton, Cheltenham, Northampton, Carlisle, Fleetwood, Leyton Orient, Shrewsbury and Stevenage. Very smart take. 

You haven't got a clue stop being so angry you have nothing concrete to back up your post