Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

18 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Seen alot worse football played by Derby, Docs teams of the late 70s, Addison early 80s god dam awful, and the 11 points season in the prem, losing at home by 5,6 and 7, so deffo not the worse at all, loads on here hated Nigel Clough teams, I did not, loads hated Rowett and Clement on here I did not, it goes on and on for some, lets support and back our great football club, we have been through alot worse as a club, we will bounce back, have a little bit of faith. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Appreciate that we’ve had some poor teams in their respective league at that time, but I’d still fancy the 11 point season team to beat our current team.

1 hour ago, europia said:

Tend to agree that this season is another 'free hit' for Warne. Mid table or just outside the play offs will suffice from the owners perspective. We will probably see much the same of the pattern so far. Lose a few games and scrape the odd draw - fans showing signs of discontent - then the odd win (like the Northampton game) to settle things - lose a few - win a couple    etc etc.  

No way is this season a ‘free hit’. I’m surprised anyone thinks this. Warne has had all of last season to assess the squad and stamp his authority on the team/club. Regardless of any business plans, we have to get play offs this season as a bare minimum. Failure to do that and it should be bye bye. 
The longer you stay in League 1, the harder it becomes to get promoted. We’d lose Bird, Cashin etc and replace them with more mediocre signings. We’ve never been in this league for longer than 2 seasons in 139 years. I don’t think we should start accepting that prospect either. It’s a poor league this year, unfortunately, so far we’re equally as average. Here’s hoping things pick up.

7 hours ago, Mckram said:

Appreciate that we’ve had some poor teams in their respective league at that time, but I’d still fancy the 11 point season team to beat our current team.

I think you're probably right.

And if the 11-point team played at the ages they were in 2008, it would be a trouncing! 😜

12 hours ago, Mckram said:

But arguably playing the worst standard of football of a Derby team ever…

I wouldn’t mind the league position if there was a positive direction that the team looked like it was going in, but it doesn’t look like there is a grand plan or philosophy under Warne? 

Blimey, surely you’re joking? You clearly weren’t at Preston away under N Clough with Dean Moxey playing number 9 

For the record, I actually think this team play some really good football at times 

12 hours ago, Mckram said:

I wouldn’t mind the league position if there was a positive direction that the team looked like it was going in, but it doesn’t look like there is a grand plan or philosophy under Warne? 

I am guessing you are quite young. Either that or you have supported the Rams for quite a short time.

I remember far worse.

13 hours ago, Mckram said:

...I wouldn’t mind the league position if there was a positive direction that the team looked like it was going in, but it doesn’t look like there is a grand plan or philosophy under Warne? 

This was the bit everyone ignored to argue about how things aren't as bad as they have been in a distant past! 

What's the grand plan? Get it wide and cross it into the box. That's it.

This is a joke right ? If its not its perhaps one of the worst takes on football ive ever read... I can remember far far worse derby teams than this and im only 30..

Something David Clowes said, we've won nothing since league 2 champions in the eighties, Im guessing if we won the papa John's or whatever its called and get a playoff place he will be happy. 

We've seen worse football, anybody would think we were bottom 3, no one gets promotted by November, once gain some of you  moaning /fickle fans take a reality check. 

Yes happy to take flack but I'm fed up with a minority who just want to destabilise this club, get behind them

10 hours ago, enachops said:

No way is this season a ‘free hit’. I’m surprised anyone thinks this. Warne has had all of last season to assess the squad and stamp his authority on the team/club. Regardless of any business plans, we have to get play offs this season as a bare minimum. Failure to do that and it should be bye bye. 
The longer you stay in League 1, the harder it becomes to get promoted. We’d lose Bird, Cashin etc and replace them with more mediocre signings. We’ve never been in this league for longer than 2 seasons in 139 years. I don’t think we should start accepting that prospect either. It’s a poor league this year, unfortunately, so far we’re equally as average. Here’s hoping things pick up.

no way this season is a free hit,as you say,another season in this god awful league,we lose millions and become a full on 3rd division club

10 hours ago, enachops said:

I agree with all you have said , in fact I would call this season an “Open Goal”. Next season Tier 3 could include the likes of Rotherham , Mansfield , Cardiff, QPR and other teams with no point deductions .

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I agree with all you have said , in fact I would call this season an “Open Goal”. Next season Tier 3 could include the likes of Rotherham , Mansfield , Cardiff, QPR and other teams with no point deductions .

Cardiff are 7th in the league 14 points clear of the bottom three.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Cardiff are 7th in the league 14 points clear of the bottom three.

Please insert Huddersfield for Cardiff , but the Welsh outfit seem to dice with relegation every season . Though I would love it to be Brum who sang about “ When Derby county die “.

@The_Sheriff @Motley intrigued to know why you acted angrily to this post?

Is it that you feel this isn’t the worst Derby team or that you feel Warne has moved us forward? If it’s the latter then what aspects of the club do you feel have moved forward since he took 

Not wanting to go back and forwards so easier to react then post. But since you asked the question I will be courteous to answer.

Not personal to you but I am fed up of the OTT posts of how 'bad' we are.  We had 32 attempts Sunday and dominated the game so personally i was happy with what I seen bar the finishing/final pass.

Against Northampton I enjoyed how we played too (obviously with a scoreline to show for it).

I personally prefer this then watching us under the likes of Cocu when passing sideways, backwards and frequently not scoring in games.

By all means feel free to give me a negative reaction back if you disagree with my rationale. 

5 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

This is a joke right ? If its not its perhaps one of the worst takes on football ive ever read... I can remember far far worse derby teams than this and im only 30..

Which team specifically?

Sheffield Wednesday got 90+ points in League One last year and look at them in the Championship this season. We’re not as good as them, so would easily be bottom in the Championship. Which Derby side have you seen was that bad?

Yes we might look like world beaters against Northampton but put this Derby side in the Championship where we’ve spent the majority of the seasons you’ve seen Derby play and it would comfortably be the worst.

My point was that we’re at our lowest right now in terms of on the pitch standards. 

6 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I am guessing you are quite young. Either that or you have supported the Rams for quite a short time.

I remember far worse.

As I’ve said to others, you’re talking about in relation to the standard of the teams around them at that point. Yes they were relegated in 79/80 from the top league and were poor, but they were playing Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. They actually beat Arsenal and Spurs that year.

In our 11 point season I’d still fancy that team to beat our current side. 

My point was this is our lowest standard ever. There is not a good side in the league this year like Ipswich or Plymouth, but we’re still miles off the pace. We’re becoming an average League One side and then what next? 

1 hour ago, The_Sheriff said:

Not wanting to go back and forwards so easier to react then post. But since you asked the question I will be courteous to answer.

Not personal to you but I am fed up of the OTT posts of how 'bad' we are.  We had 32 attempts Sunday and dominated the game so personally i was happy with what I seen bar the finishing/final pass.

Against Northampton I enjoyed how we played too (obviously with a scoreline to show for it).

I personally prefer this then watching us under the likes of Cocu when passing sideways, backwards and frequently not scoring in games.

By all means feel free to give me a negative reaction back if you disagree with my rationale. 

That’s fair. It wasn’t an attempt at me to start an argument, I’m just genuinely interested to know what part you disagreed with. 

I was happier against Northampton but that was purely based on Bradley’s forward passing which made a huge difference. But let’s be fair, Northampton and Exeter were absolutely awful and let us run all over them. If we play a team half organised then we have no ideas and no plan B - look at us against Shrewsbury or Cheltenham…you can’t prefer that football! 

I believe the players we have should be playing to a much better standard than they are and naturally the manager is to blame for that. I can’t name one player that is playing better since Warne took charge? Possibly Wildsmith.