Russell Brand

Tyler Durden

43 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

*Trigger warning*

This is a tweet which sums up what I've been trying to get across about the justice system being systematically against anyone a victim of sexual assult.

Did the accused claim in court he was just being a vile twXt by saying this but he didn’t do what he said ? We on here really need the whole picture to form any kind of proper opinion of guilt of rape , we are not seeing all of the messages/ interactions between the two parties which could well be a series of nasty hurtful insults and jibes , people say stupid things to and about each other ,

it’s kind of difficult to imagine a rapist actually telling someone he has raped them while they slept if he actually did but of course he may be a very stupid moron guilty of the crime ,

cue the posts accusing me of defending rapist s which I can assure you is nonesense, catch them and string them up is my view but I’m gonna need to see / hear all the evidence to have the slightest chance of getting it right as best I can 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Did the accused claim in court he was just being a vile twXt by saying this but he didn’t do what he said ? We on here really need the whole picture to form any kind of proper opinion of guilt of rape , we are not seeing all of the messages/ interactions between the two parties which could well be a series of nasty hurtful insults and jibes , people say stupid things to and about each other ,

it’s kind of difficult to imagine a rapist actually telling someone he has raped them while they slept if he actually did but of course he may be a very stupid moron guilty of the crime ,

cue the posts accusing me of defending rapist s which I can assure you is nonesense, catch them and string them up is my view but I’m gonna need to see / hear all the evidence to have the slightest chance of getting it right as best I can 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm really struggling to imagine a scenario where he would lie about this. Even if he was just trying to get a reaction, there must be a part of his brain that thinks 'I'm technically admitting this - there's a chance I could get in trouble here', especially knowing full well that messages and comments can all be saved/screenshotted/restored. To counteract this 'admission', he'd have to have some pretty concrete evidence to prove he wasn't there, didn't do it, etc.

Surely even you can admit, being the devil's advocate that you are, that that sort of admission makes it at least likely that he did rape her?

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

What baffled me was that RB said in his video that pre-empted the expose that there were "witnesses" who could disprove the allegations

Not being funny but doesn't that suggest there was someone else in the room when he had sex with these girls??

You will only really know when any witnesses are produced and give sworn testimony, could be someone who says brand was with him that night somewhere else , could be the lady in question told somebody a completely different story , could be a multitude of things 🤷🏻‍♂️

again I have to fess up to my gut feeling that the bloke is guilty as sin and if so hope he is caught and get what anyone guilty of that types of crime deserves , as for the other accusations that are not actually against the law but pretty disgusting behaviour, I hope ( if proven ) that he is shunned professionally and treated with the disdain the he deserves

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

What baffled me was that RB said in his video that pre-empted the expose that there were "witnesses" who could disprove the allegations

Not being funny but doesn't that suggest there was someone else in the room when he had sex with these girls??

Key part from 5m30s

'I have a friend here, I want you to come to the bedroom'

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'm really struggling to imagine a scenario where he would lie about this. Even if he was just trying to get a reaction, there must be a part of his brain that thinks 'I'm technically admitting this - there's a chance I could get in trouble here', especially knowing full well that messages and comments can all be saved/screenshotted/restored. To counteract this 'admission', he'd have to have some pretty concrete evidence to prove he wasn't there, didn't do it, etc.

Surely even you can admit, being the devil's advocate that you are, that that sort of admission makes it at least likely that he did rape her?

Ok , let’s say for instance he is dumping her and he says it is because she drinks to much and her behaviour is terrible , she responds with something along the lines of he’s crap in bed and has tiny equipment and wouldn’t sleep with him again anyway , let’s say there’s a long line of hurtful words thrown backwards and forwards between two angry / hurt people , people do say stupid things that they don’t mean or would never do and people can say really stupid things in the heat of the moment ,

the only thing I’m saying here is that if the above messages are all that’s given with no context or right of reply from the accused then no way can I comfortably say yep , guilty , 

I think it is likely brand is guilty but still need to hear ALL the evidence ,

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok , let’s say for instance he is dumping her and he says it is because she drinks to much and her behaviour is terrible , she responds with something along the lines of he’s crap in bed and has tiny equipment and wouldn’t sleep with him again anyway , let’s say there’s a long line of hurtful words thrown backwards and forwards between two angry / hurt people , people do say stupid things that they don’t mean or would never do and people can say really stupid things in the heat of the moment ,

the only thing I’m saying here is that if the above messages are all that’s given with no context or right of reply from the accused then no way can I comfortably say yep , guilty , 

I think it is likely brand is guilty but still need to hear ALL the evidence ,

Not quite what I asked. By sending those messages, would you agree that it looks likely that he's guilty? And that, because he's sent them, he now needs to provide concrete evidence that that's not the case?

For reference, that particular man was convicted. His 'defence' was that he was manipulated into thinking that he raped her.

36 minutes ago, Archied said:

again I have to fess up to my gut feeling that the bloke is guilty as sin and if so hope he is caught and get what anyone guilty of that types of crime deserves , as for the other accusations that are not actually against the law but pretty disgusting behaviour, I hope ( if proven ) that he is shunned professionally and treated with the disdain the he deserves

Gut feelings aren't evidence of guilt, Don't ever go on a jury, I've just watched...Who killed Lin and Meghan Russell? on Sky documentary, The only evidence they had was from a convicted jailhouse grass who said Stone confessed to him...and yet 2 trials later and a refusal of a Judicial revue and the criminal case review commission rejected Michael Stones appeal he's still in prison

At his 2nd trial the Grass admitted he lied, Stones legal team told him get ready to be released as there's no evidence against you, The jury came back with...guilty 10-2.

Jury trials can put innocents behind bars and set the guilty free.

My opinion on Brand for what it's worth is that he took his content in a very specific direction, which was seemingly at odds with his character at any time prior, in an effort to craft a very convenient narrative that he's on the receiving and of an establishment/media stitch up.

He has been using legal threats to stop these allegations from coming out, but he isn't an idiot and knew that would only work for so long. With that in mind, he created a persona and a body of content that very conveniently gives him not only a story to counter the allegations with, but with a means of income once his mainstream career is impacted by said allegations.

Any notion that Brand and his clickbait YouTube ramblings are a threat to the established order and that being the reason for these allegations coming out now is so laughable as to not even be entertained in my mind.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Not quite what I asked. By sending those messages, would you agree that it looks likely that he's guilty? And that, because he's sent them, he now needs to provide concrete evidence that that's not the case?

For reference, that particular man was convicted. His 'defence' was that he was manipulated into thinking that he raped her.

It is very much what you asked along with the original poster , what was originally provided is in no way enough to convict on its own as presented on here with NOTHING else , as for your for reference point ,you say the man has been convicted , obviously by a jury who heard and saw ALL the evidence, that’s good enough for me , if you want me to tell you if I would have found him guilty then your gonna have to give me all the evidence to weigh up 

Edited by Archied

52 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Gut feelings aren't evidence of guilt, Don't ever go on a jury, I've just watched...Who killed Lin and Meghan Russell? on Sky documentary, The only evidence they had was from a convicted jailhouse grass who said Stone confessed to him...and yet 2 trials later and a refusal of a Judicial revue and the criminal case review commission rejected Michael Stones appeal he's still in prison

At his 2nd trial the Grass admitted he lied, Stones legal team told him get ready to be released as there's no evidence against you, The jury came back with...guilty 10-2.

Jury trials can put innocents behind bars and set the guilty free.

My worry would be would I over compensate for my gut feeling on him if we’re on his jury

Unfortunately given the delay in coming forward, any chance of a criminal case and verdict is slim to none. 

Social media and public opinion will decide his fate.

Advertisers will watch closely and if they decide the public opinion has found him guilty they will remove themselves from any content he wants to put out there.

Ultimately his career could be over, fairly or unfairly.

I haven't read beyond the headlines into any of the allegations or watched any of the videos. No real plans to either to be honest.

If he is removed from TV and the internet, it wouldn't affect me personally one bit as I can't bare to watch anything with him in anyway.

It wouldn't be fair to use my opinion on his personality and content to cast judgement over these claims.

I do however believe it dangerous to dismiss the allegations out of hand, women should not feel afraid to come forward for fear of not being believed.

We need women to feel they can come forward, the more comfortable they feel, hopefully sees less of a delay so a criminal case can be heard.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Unfortunately given the delay in coming forward, any chance of a criminal case and verdict is slim to none. 

Social media and public opinion will decide his fate.

Advertisers will watch closely and if they decide the public opinion has found him guilty they will remove themselves from any content he wants to put out there.

Ultimately his career could be over, fairly or unfairly.

I haven't read beyond the headlines into any of the allegations or watched any of the videos. No real plans to either to be honest.

If he is removed from TV and the internet, it wouldn't affect me personally one bit as I can't bare to watch anything with him in anyway.

It wouldn't be fair to use my opinion on his personality and content to cast judgement over these claims.

I do however believe it dangerous to dismiss the allegations out of hand, women should not feel afraid to come forward for fear of not being believed.

We need women to feel they can come forward, the more comfortable they feel, hopefully sees less of a delay so a criminal case can be heard.

I don’t agree David other than that I have never been able to stand him either.

The chances of a guilty verdict are not made close to nil by the passage of time .. Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall were both convicted ages after their offences. 

If he avoids jail his career is not over as there are plenty of people who are brainwashed or whatever who will follow him regardless of or perhaps because of his reputation . He will be like Andrew Tate. 

thing is - it's not really about a criminal conviction at this stage. For these women it's about being heard so everyone knows what he is

For them that's probably enough- I'm pretty sure they have never realistically expected to see him charged with a crime

The Time article is pretty damning - he's a rotten excuse for a man

https://archive.ph/gbfOP

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

thing is - it's not really about a criminal conviction at this stage. For these women it's about being heard so everyone knows what he is

For them that's probably enough- I'm pretty sure they have never realistically expected to see him charged with a crime

The Time article is pretty damning - he's a rotten excuse for a man

https://archive.ph/gbfOP

May be true. I would also think that the way court cases are conducted then if being believed is enough it will mean they don't have to go through more trauma. Maybe they want 'justice', don't know, I guess we will soon find out.

5 hours ago, Jubbs said:

*Trigger warning*

This is a tweet which sums up what I've been trying to get across about the justice system being systematically against anyone a victim of sexual assult.

Getting to the truth in a criminal case is a lot more complicated than using a confession obtained by an accuser. That is why when police question suspects "under caution" they have to follow strict rules.

There are all sorts of reason why someone might confess to something they have not done. I can remember the Colin Stagg case a few years ago when he confessed to being the kind of person who might kill a child because he thought he had the chance of sex with an undercover policewoman. A policeman at the time told me that he was certain that Colin Stagg was guilty. It turned out that he was innocent.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Ok , let’s say for instance he is dumping her and he says it is because she drinks to much and her behaviour is terrible , she responds with something along the lines of he’s crap in bed and has tiny equipment and wouldn’t sleep with him again anyway , let’s say there’s a long line of hurtful words thrown backwards and forwards between two angry / hurt people , people do say stupid things that they don’t mean or would never do and people can say really stupid things in the heat of the moment .

Even in this hypothetical scenario, I can't envisage a situation where a bad tempered retort like that comes out... you're trying to verbally hurt the other person, not lie about a crime that ultimately reflects worse on you, than it does wound the other person as an argumentative assertion. And if you were to lie about something like that and it ends up being used in court, I'd kind of argue that's natural selection and you deserve what you get?

59 minutes ago, Archied said:

My worry would be would I over compensate for my gut feeling on him if we’re on his jury

I think lots do Archie, This thread confirms this, If James Corden was charged for impersonating a comedian and I was on the Jury, He's guilty as soon as I'm sworn in 😁, A heard of wild horses wouldn't move me 👍