Russell Brand

Tyler Durden

43 minutes ago, ramit said:

Am bowing out of the discussion for now, bringing my trauma up again really upsets me, perhaps I should not have

You were 100% right to be brave enough to share your experience and thank you for doing that , all too often WE ALL make judgements on peoples opinions on any given subject and put them in a box so we can dismiss everything they say , let’s be honest many would have you pegged as an apologist for rapists , totally insensitive with not the first clue what your talking about because you question some elements of what we are seeing with the brand case,

for me it’s becoming clear there are separate issues at play here and usual sides are being taken which can’t be wavered from , it’s all or nothing ,,, when did this start ? Was it the brexit issue? Maybe it was always such and I didn’t notice it 🤷🏻‍♂️,

I’ve read and listened with interest to David icke ( mentioned again above ) since before the wogan interview when he was the leader of the Green Party and wrote a fantastic book called it doesn’t have to be like this  watched the wogan interview when he was reported as a nut job claiming to be the son of god only to find that what was actually said was yes he was the son of god in exactly the same way we are all the sons and daughters of god ,,, Christian religion anyone ?
do I think all he says is right or even sensible? No , Do I think sometimes he is bang on and poses the right questions? Yes 

there are people on here who I wildly disagree with on many subjects but am also able to openly agree with and applaud what they say at other times and lately that has been reciprocated,

what am I trying to say ? Who knows ,,,, maybe it’s just I kind of believe we are all capable of being hoodwinked and getting tunnel vision and there are extremists from both sides of most issues out to do just that and perhaps we all are guilty of falling for it at times 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, ramit said:

The objective intelligent thing to do is to examine issues from all sides, to follow the evidence wherever it may lead.  A truth does not mind who speaks it, it remains true, no matter who utters it, a nut, or you.

That is the most important comment on this thread. 

Everyone should question their beliefs. A good way of doing this is to estimate how probable you think something is true. Then when you find new evidence ask yourself how this has affected your initial probability estimate. If your estimate has gone down then examine the reasons why your belief has changed. If your belief in a claim never varies from 100% then you are probably not thinking hard enough.

Further, to my comments about the Government's intervention in the Brand story via Caroline Dinenage MP I should add that she is married to Major General Mark Lancaster, who is involved with 77th Brigade, the propaganda unit of the British Army. Their job is to support the Government via social media and the legacy media. They were very active in supporting the Covid lockdown.

77 Brigade is countering Covid misinformation

What is the significance of this? It means that the Government has a motive for attacking Brand. He is a Covid sceptic. Does that mean he is not a rapist? No, but the probability that he could be the victim of a conspiracy should increase a few percent.

26 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

That is the most important comment on this thread. 

Everyone should question their beliefs. A good way of doing this is to estimate how probable you think something is true. Then when you find new evidence ask yourself how this has affected your initial probability estimate. If your estimate has gone down then examine the reasons why your belief has changed. If your belief in a claim never varies from 100% then you are probably not thinking hard enough.

Further, to my comments about the Government's intervention in the Brand story via Caroline Dinenage MP I should add that she is married to Major General Mark Lancaster, who is involved with 77th Brigade, the propaganda unit of the British Army. Their job is to support the Government via social media and the legacy media. They were very active in supporting the Covid lockdown.

77 Brigade is countering Covid misinformation

What is the significance of this? It means that the Government has a motive for attacking Brand. He is a Covid sceptic. Does that mean he is not a rapist? No, but the probability that he could be the victim of a conspiracy should increase a few percent.

The probability that Brand could be the victim of a conspiracy does not increase by a few percent. That probability was zero before and it is zero now. 

as I say the allegations against Brand go back a long way, before Covid even existed so it’s just rubbish my friend. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The probability that Brand could be the victim of a conspiracy does not increase by a few percent. That probability was zero before and it is zero now. 

as I say the allegations against Brand go back a long way, before Covid even existed so it’s just rubbish my friend. 

Yeah - but in actual fact - the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to believe that there is something a bit odd in the way they have gone for Brand. But not in the way that i think they've made it all up, just in the way that you have to ask why out of the many many famous people who have abused their power they have picked Brand.

I'm certain he's guilty of the things they say he's done, and I'm glad that his victims have found a way to shine a light on his behaviour - but we all know it's the tip of the iceberg. Even on the UK comedy circuit, Lucy Beaumont is saying there are 10 similarly predatory male comedians https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lucy-beaumont-claims-10-male-30966196

Extrapolate that out over the music industry, the TV and film industry, sport, art, politics, the royal family etc etc - anywhere that famous people exist, there are famous people abusing that power to various degrees. Plenty will be decent human beings who don't have that mindset, but there will be a scary percentage of them who can't help themselves once they realise that they have the money and power to silence people.

So you have to think -what has RB done to mean he is the one they single out for the expose?

He'll tell his followers that it's because they are scared of his truth-speaking.

A more plausible explanation is that he's simply a c**t and he probably finally just shagged the wrong person 

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yeah - but in actual fact - the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to believe that there is something a bit odd in the way they have gone for Brand. But not in the way that i think they've made it all up, just in the way that you have to ask why out of the many many famous people who have abused their power they have picked Brand.

I'm certain he's guilty of the things they say he's done, and I'm glad that his victims have found a way to shine a light on his behaviour - but we all know it's the tip of the iceberg. Even on the UK comedy circuit, Lucy Beaumont is saying there are 10 similarly predatory male comedians https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lucy-beaumont-claims-10-male-30966196

Extrapolate that out over the music industry, the TV and film industry, sport, art, politics, the royal family etc etc - anywhere that famous people exist, there are famous people abusing that power to various degrees. Plenty will be decent human beings who don't have that mindset, but there will be a scary percentage of them who can't help themselves once they realise that they have the money and power to silence people.

So you have to think -what has RB done to mean he is the one they single out for the expose?

He'll tell his followers that it's because they are scared of his truth-speaking.

A more plausible explanation is that he's simply a c**t and he probably finally just shagged the wrong person 

I think the scale of Brand’s predatory nature didn’t make him popular in the modern world. Sure back in the 1960s and so on in the music industry it wasn’t that unusual. Now it is. That doesn’t make him a criminal necessarily but quite a pest for sure. 

1 hour ago, Normanton Lad said:

Could Brand not have had the foresight to begin all this anti-establishment rhetoric, just with a mind to providing an easy excuse for when these allegations came out? He's not an unintelligent person, I do think that could be a possibility. I did also hear whispers of this behaviour before he started the Trews or whatever it's called which supports this idea.

8 hours ago, sage said:

A different view. Not advocating it Just adding to the debate

Got 5 mins in and honestly the bloke is in my view one of those that you get on both extremes of a view / narrative , pretty early he talks about how brand is making millions from what he says are far right views but doesn’t seem to register he was also making millions when he chose him as was it man of the year ? And he was spewing his filth then too but it was ok cause he was on the right side of the fence for him , he’s everything that those who defend brand now because he apparently pushes alternative views are 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Could Brand not have had the foresight to begin all this anti-establishment rhetoric, just with a mind to providing an easy excuse for when these allegations came out? He's not an unintelligent person, I do think that could be a possibility. I did also hear whispers of this behaviour before he started the Trews or whatever it's called which supports this idea.

Honestly, I don’t think he’s that bright and his arrogance will have always told him he can get away with anything ,

there’s a bit of me that’s certain that some peoples motive for going after him now is rather slippery but also truth is I don’t give much of a duck as long as a long term sexual abuser ( if that’s what he is ) gets nailed big style 

12 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

There is an alternative theory that Brand is not the victim of a conspiracy but merely an actor in false news theatre. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that yank t***** Rogan owing millions to the Sandy Hook families in the US. There is no information available anywhere to say he has paid any of it yet. He's still working as before, earning i assume good money for his shows yet by all accounts he's not paid anything.?

Is there an appeal going on so he doesn't have to compensate the families until its heard? Are the families demanding Rogan pays up? I can't find any info online about it.

My cynical view will be relaxed if Rogan is sent to prison for not paying his dues and Brand is either acquitted or found guilty in court.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

There is an alternative theory that Brand is not the victim of a conspiracy but merely an actor in false news theatre. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that yank t***** Rogan owing millions to the Sandy Hook families in the US. There is no information available anywhere to say he has paid any of it yet. He's still working as before, earning i assume good money for his shows yet by all accounts he's not paid anything.?

Is there an appeal going on so he doesn't have to compensate the families until its heard? Are the families demanding Rogan pays up? I can't find any info online about it.

My cynical view will be relaxed if Rogan is sent to prison for not paying his dues and Brand is either acquitted or found guilty in court.

The guy involved in Sandy Hook aftermath is Alex Jones. As I say I don't think any of that has much tod do with Brand's sexual antics apart from the fact he was sacked off from the BBC as long ago as 2008 and has had to resort to social media to make money.  

Brand is not right wing he isn't a Conservative guy, I would say I'm alot further to the right myself without being far right or anything.  He's anti establishment and progressive I think mainly so like a slightly left of centre anti establishment guy who aligns with some Conservative narratives as well. He's the type of guy who would be happy to have more migrants coming in as long they are in poorer areas not near him.

As far as the case goes it sounds bad in a way but I'm not exactly thinking innocent until proven guilty when it comes to him,was a very dodgy character and with no self control during the period so nothing would surprise me and some of the allegations make me think he should be locked up for a while if true as someone who liked to listen to some of his Youtube talk shows in the past and thought he was alright.