Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

14 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I don’t know why I repeat the same phrase every derby game but I am doing it again, this football is the worst style Of play I’ve seen since Paul Jewells Premier League era 

I think that's harsh. The quality in this game is much better than recent weeks. But, other than Wilson dribbling through  the lines, it's still rather flat and lacking substance.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think that's harsh. The quality in this game is much better than recent weeks. But, other than Wilson dribbling through  the lines, it's still rather flat and lacking substance.

I’ve quite enjoyed Korey Smith pinging a couple of passes around, and using his body well to swerve and wrong foot his opponent then moving forward through midfield. Maybe the absence of Hourihane along with a couple of more mobile team mates in the middle of the park is a benefit 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Oh come on, they are pretty ordinary at best and we are struggling to break them down. They seem unable to realise Cashin to Wilson is our major threat and aren't bothered about getting forward much at all except for some long ball stuff.

No-one cares enough to bother trying to win really is the best you can say.

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Strange half, we’re not playing badly at all but our quality in the final third is abysmal. I still don’t know what Collins actually offers 

I think he offers a decent finish when he's given the ball in a place he can reasonably be expected to finish from!

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve quite enjoyed Korey Smith pinging a couple of passes around, and using his body well to swerve and wrong foot his opponent then moving forward through midfield. Maybe the absence of Hourihane along with a couple of more mobile team mates in the middle of the park is a benefit 

Agreed. He is capable of some very good things but to put it politely I am glad of the opportunity to explore other options in his absence.

24 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I don’t know why I repeat the same phrase every derby game but I am doing it again, this football is the worst style Of play I’ve seen since Paul Jewells Premier League era 

I think thats a bit harsh on Paul Jewell 🤣

25 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

We had a big excuse whilst in the premiership - I forgot Jewell survived into the championship season

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on, they are pretty ordinary at best and we are struggling to break them down. They seem unable to realise Cashin to Wilson is our major threat and aren't bothered about getting forward much at all except for some long ball stuff.

No-one cares enough to bother trying to win really is the best you can say.

I think they are only playing 3 players from the weekend !