Bwash_Ram

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

4-2-3-1?

Wildsmith

Wilson  Bradley  Cashin  Elder

Smith     Fornah

Barkhuizen  Embleton  Sibley

Collins

I'd guess you're about right - Would say Embo further back in a midfield 3 and Barkz/Sib playing a bit narrower off Collins

I get that people want Warne to use the academy, but those academy players have got to be good enough. We’ve been absolutely spanked for the last 18 months at academy/u23 level. We lost all of our decent prospects. Maybe we don’t have the talent at the minute to make the step up. Brown and Robinson look like the only 2. No biggie for me. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone said Embleton was a box to box midfielder. Why doesn't Sibley get his chance as 10?

He might, I just had a guess at what the formation and positions could be

Maybe it’s a 4-3-1-2 with Barkhuizen up top with Collins? Or a 4-3-2-1 like we finished the last season with, Barkhuizen and Sibley as the 10s behind Collins

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added thoughts

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I take it you haven't seen much of our academy. Radcliffe is another easily capable. 

He does look a prospect, liked how he played in pre season and has a bit of physicality for a young lad. I was hoping he’d get a start tonight but at least he’s in the squad along with Robinson and Brown. My assumption of Warne’s rationale is put a strong side out using first team players to get them minutes and be competitive, then ideally there’ll be a sensible amount of minutes for the younger lads.

49 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

No academy lads starting, great stuff Warne👍 what's the point in paying millions each year for a category one academy if Warne neglects it? I'm sorry but it's ridiculous. 

Theres 3 on the bench .. 

If suitable theyll get game time

kinda think its more important to give the likes of sibley and wilson some much need football 

11 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Rams player have it as a 4411

Ramstv commentator just described it as a 4-3-2-1, so more like;

Wildsmith

Wilson  Bradley  Cashin  Elder

Fornah

Smith    Embleton

Barkhuizen    Sibley

Collins

For anyone not watching, Cashin is the right cb with Bradley on the left. Smith seems to be the sitting midfielder in front of them.

Early intent seems to be to use Elder and Wilson for width.

Fornah picks up a booking after 4 mins for a shirt tug as they looked to counter, silly foul but strict of the ref to book him so early when Smith was covering 🤦🏻‍♂️