Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Wish u had done a similar poll for rosenior 

people were moaning in exactly the same way then

“boring keepball football” i seem to remember was the phrase

89% posession , zero shots on goal

And a monstering against little old lincoln think was the pinnacle 

same outcome just a different ideology

It is a interesting point you raise.

I think with LR at least you could see the improvements and progress within a short space of time, in terms of entertainment and creating good chances. Was it Fleetwood away where we absolutely destroyed them and somehow we couldn't hit the ball in the net. 30 plus shots or something ridiculous. As a supporter I came away thinking we were highly unlucky and you can see a plan and pattern of play being created.

With Paul Warne there is no plan. There is no pattern of play. He is trying to turn technical footballers into 15km a match athletes. A polite term would be clunky football currently. Today I will give him a pass because he nearly beat a very competitive Portsmouth team. But the football was hideous, we looked like the away side, he is so lucky how many supporters still turn up every week to back him and the team. This squad has so much more to give in my view and yet they are being hampered by a manager who still has not got his head around managing a bigger club. When you come to a larger reputation team like ours, the manager needs to adapt and evolve his ideas. I'm not saying play Pep slick passing football every week. At least if you want to play a counter attacking style, identify and recruit players with pace and energy and not lads in the twilight of their careers.

Lovely chap off the pitch, he could talk my ear off in a pub. Watching his dreadful attempt at football is becoming embarrassing. And I'll cheer the lads until the 98th minute at the ground. If we was an underdog team in this division I could accept the Warne way. With this budget and caliber of player, surely we can play much better than this?

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Wish u had done a similar poll for rosenior 

people were moaning in exactly the same way then

“boring keepball football” i seem to remember was the phrase

89% posession , zero shots on goal

And a monstering against little old lincoln think was the pinnacle 

same outcome just a different ideology

You could have done the poll, it doesn't have to be started by me.

FWIW I hated all the backwards/sideways passing. But I couldn't understand how in the earliest games we didn't score 10 goals a game! We played football to a pattern, passed the ball and looked to control games. 

11 minutes ago, SSD said:

I think with LR at least you could see the improvements and progress within a short space of time, in terms of entertainment and creating good chances.

I’m sure I’ve posted this before, but the thing for me is that it’s obvious how you turn that Rosenior side into a really good side. There’s a bunch of stuff you need to do like 5% or 10% better than we were doing (move the ball quicker, be more clinical in the final third, cut out a few backwards passes when we’ve already broken the lines etc), but that’s basically it.  You don’t need to radically change anything.  Obviously actually doing it in practice might be another matter, but it’s clear *what* needs doing.

But as to how you get this bunch of players into a side like Warne’s Rotherham, I just have no clue.  We seem a million miles away from it.  Barely any of the players, including the ones we’ve signed this season, seem capable of it.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You could have done the poll, it doesn't have to be started by me.

FWIW I hated all the backwards/sideways passing. But I couldn't understand how in the earliest games we didn't score 10 goals a game! We played football to a pattern, passed the ball and looked to control games. 

Yep I didn’t always like it but the plan and tactics were obvious and I could see that we would improve - I don’t see that under PW

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’m sure I’ve posted this before, but the thing for me is that it’s obvious how you turn that Rosenior side into a really good side. There’s a bunch of stuff you need to do like 5% or 10% better than we were doing (move the ball quicker, be more clinical in the final third, cut out a few backwards passes when we’ve already broken the lines etc), but that’s basically it.  You don’t need to radically change anything.  Obviously actually doing it in practice might be another matter, but it’s clear *what* needs doing.

But as to how you get this bunch of players into a side like Warne’s Rotherham, I just have no clue.  We seem a million miles away from it.  Barely any of the players, including the ones we’ve signed this season, seem capable of it.

I am sure the players (or majority of them) are very capable. I think they are just confused by what this manager is trying to do. I am of the opinion that the sooner he goes the better it is for the club. 

Just now, bcnram said:

I am sure the players (or majority of them) are very capable. I think they are just confused by what this manager is trying to do. I am of the opinion that the sooner he goes the better it is for the club. 

Oh yeah, I’m sure there’s the core of a more than decent side in what we’ve got. But Hourihane is not a box to box midfielder, Elder is not a wingback, Bradley is not a mobile centre half etc etc.

Have we really even seen Warne's football here yet?

Last season he tried the 352 but with the squad he had & inuyries went to a 4231 before back to a 352 for the last set of games.

This season is similar, started 352 but injuries has meant back to a 4231.

We havent had the fast paced, high intensity & constant press that Warne openly states he wants. Maybe we will see it when players are back fit.

But as it stands I think we're just trying to do what we can with what we actually have fit.

2 minutes ago, Makedoh said:

exactly took 2 of my mates today and they where bored after 30 mins ,said I am not coming again. 

My nephews given up after today per his phone call earlier.  At 18 this should be his golden years turning up no matter what s**** is on offer. Warne's finally broken him and he's off doing more days out with the new girlfriend.  Desperate times. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Have we really even seen Warne's football here yet?

Last season he tried the 352 but with the squad he had & inuyries went to a 4231 before back to a 352 for the last set of games.

This season is similar, started 352 but injuries has meant back to a 4231.

We havent had the fast paced, high intensity & constant press that Warne openly states he wants. Maybe we will see it when players are back fit.

But as it stands I think we're just trying to do what we can with what we actually have fit.

bcda033e-5163-4e13-b360-dae3ed60691e_tex

or seems like it.

2 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

22,000 were Derby season ticket holders and nearly 3,000 were from Portsmouth. Let's see if the season ticket holders are all so keen next season. There's a big question arising about how good our coaching team is in comparison with the other teams in this League. They are faring badly at the moment and they don't seem able to manage a game from the touchline. The last 10 minutes was awful when we put everyone behind the ball, kicked it upfield to the Portsmouth defence and just allowed them to put it back into our penalty area and the inevitable happened; and I agree fully that the equaliser should have been disallowed for handball but we invited them to put that pressure on us. For those who hoped we had the League One Guardiola, stop dreaming. I thought he would be able to get us out of this League and he still may do, based on his success at Rotherham, but I think the pressure of expectancy here as opposed to what he experienced before is getting too much for him and is now weighing too heavily on his shoulders. I'm not sure how much the players believe in him. And if you want to watch entertaining football, I think you can forget that while he is here because he and his coaches simply don't know how to deliver that. Our only hope for this season is that it's a mediocre league where the final positions may amount to a bit of a lottery and we find to our delight that we have bought one of the winning tickets. The Derby footballing public are no fools and they won't all put up with what they are watching now for too long.

There is no way the full quota turn up as it is it’s obvious the club count ticket sales and not bums on seats