Pants on fire

bucktwo

"Some people lie in football"

All eyes looked and fingers pointed , due to the timing of the comment, to someone involved in the Jordan Rhodes saga ..  shown around , deal in principle , didn't show for medical .... all gone quiet ..

Prime suspects on this forum were

Rhodes himself 

Rhodes agent 

Perhaps the fibs were closer to home and Warne had the rug pulled from under him by the person responsible for budgetary compliance and the goalposts moved ? 

Makes sense to me at least .... 

42 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

All eyes looked and fingers pointed , due to the timing of the comment, to someone involved in the Jordan Rhodes saga ..  shown around , deal in principle , didn't show for medical .... all gone quiet ..

Rhodes himself 

Rhodes agent 

Perhaps the fibs were closer to home and Warne had the rug pulled from under him by the person responsible for budgetary compliance and the goalposts moved ? 

By "the person responsible for budgetary compliance" are you intending David Clowes?

If so - or even if anyone in the DCFC set-up - I'm pretty confident Warne didn't mean him with a comment as bold as that one.

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

Rhodes himself 

Rhodes agent 

perhaps it was a confession 😀

1 hour ago, jameso said:

By "the person responsible for budgetary compliance" are you intending David Clowes?

If so - or even if anyone in the DCFC set-up - I'm pretty confident Warne didn't mean him with a comment as bold as that one.

I was more inclined to think of Mels sidekick .... amortisation anyone ? No? Well we'll do it like that anyway .

10 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I was more inclined to think of Mels sidekick .... amortisation anyone ? No? Well we'll do it like that anyway .

Only they didn’t say no at the time. The man at the EFL he say “yes”. He also say “I put a great big tick on your accounts 3 years in a row.”

Only when some accountant cum journalist poked his nose in did EFL man say “No, I take my big ticks away”.

It wasn’t Mr Sidekick’s fault until Mr Mel went into denial.

Edited by DavesaRam

3 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Rhodes himself 

Rhodes agent 

If it saved us from another inflated wage spent on an over the hill player with no resale value then the person responsible for budgetary compliance can only be applauded